1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Tilted Street Photography: Go out, do some, post results here :)

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Zen, Aug 20, 2011.

1. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

I like these, but your whites are grey, especially in 1, 2, and 6. Adjust your levels and they'll really shine. They could also benefit from leveling and perspective correction.

2. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

I agree on all points. I took these pics some time ago, before I was really skilled in adjusting these things.

3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Hi, Baraka_Guru, Thank you so much for sourcing and sharing these :) Dang fine pictures and an inspiring story. I feel quite stirred up, and can feel bubbling within me stuff to discuss ...

But for now, I'm putting three of them here, and let's prepare to enjoy more of them as we put on the kettle and drink a toast:

To Vivian Maier!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

looking at RJ's elopement photos in the smokies, i was reminded of our vacation photos from last year, in particular these photos. they turned out kind of agreeable to me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. They are much nicer than the photos of people ramrod stiff grimacing cheese. I am not a photographer, in many of these I see sharp glimpses of a lifes story, more real - even if that reality is in ones fancy. Reminded me of a writers notebook, where real observations are woven with story to make real characters. Some good storys on this thread - even if they arent real. Thankyou all for sharing.

7. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Hi mixedmedia Thanks for sharing these - there's so much life here, and the fact that they are in such a Beautiful 'Street', to my eyes, adds to the intensity. I don't have this kind of terrain in West London, so it is fascinating to see them living out these 'parts' of their lives on rocky slope, rather than on concrete of sandy flat :)

chinese crested ... what you said. For my style, that's it in a nutshell, and I'm always looking for the Holy Grail, where the photo is as if a film-crew organized a high production-value slice of drama and story just before I arrived. I'm so glad you are enjoying these. BTW, I'd certainly like to see through YOUR eyes, the world of impromptu people and their stories :)

Take care, both

8. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

I was in London a couple of weeks ago and happened on two wedding photoshoots.

This couple were being photographed in the grounds of St Paul's Cathedral
    [​IMG]

And it looks like this pair of newly-weds did not have a motor car and therefore went on foot. The photographer and his assistant followed them at an indiscrete distance.
    [​IMG]
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

a site as I go along....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

it's good to see you here, paddyjoe.

11. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

thank you. it's always nice to be amongst friends......

12. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

I had convinced myself I needed a square format camera with a waist level finder for street photography. $41 later, I'm waiting for a Graflex 22 I just ordered.

13. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

paddyjoe , pleased to meet you, and thank you for that very colourful street portrait. Ah ... is that where you live? If so, please send more - it's an area most unlike my English streets :)

MSD Congratulations! I loved that format - Lubitel B was one of my first.

14. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

Thank you, Zen. This was shot (as was my previous) in the Chinatown section of Toronto. Not where I live, but a place I visit often.

[​IMG]

15. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

paddyjoe ... Toronto! OK:)

- London has a Chinatown section - a riot of bold colour. I keep forgetting just how much.

Speaking of which, your black and white, complete with strong grain and shading, and those three lights pinning the image to my eyeballs is waaay neat - thanks for this picture.

16. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

• Like Like x 1
  17. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

Thanks for that, Leto. So many great options for transportation in your city. It seems that in Rochester if you don't have a car, you're pretty much screwed.

18. aquafox

aquafox Getting Tilted

Stealing Ikea bags seems to be more of an internationally common crime than I previously imagined. Do they sell them? I always thought they were for in store shopping. I rarely go there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

gotta take time out to relax....

[​IMG]

20. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Eh, paddyjoe , is that also in the Chinatown area?

And gotta say, the designer of that smiley variant of the yin/yang sign, IMO, deserves a prize ... that is very, very neat.