1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Transferring photos from SD card to iPad

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by CinnamonGirl, Sep 1, 2015.

1. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

(I asked this elsewhere, so some of you may be seeing it again.)

Okay, so the owner of this iPad does not have an associated iTunes account, nor do they have a computer (don't get me started on that one...) They have an SD card full of pictures that the iPad recognized was there, but was not giving me the option to import. (Edited to add: they have the camera kit thing, and have used it successfully with other SD cards before.)

The SD card is fine, I've used it on two different computers and everything shows up. I tried creating a DCIM folder on the card, and that gave me the ability to import seven of the pictures...out of 177. There doesn't appear to be any difference between those seven and the rest. Same size, same file format, all that.

They have a dropbox account, so if they remember the password, I'm just going to upload them to dropbox and download to the iPad from there. But I'm baffled as to why some pictures are showing up, but the rest aren't.

Any ideas?

2. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Tech Girl Go Baby! Go Baby!

I have never heard of such an issue. If you wait the image files don't show up eventually?

3. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Nope. Mr. ZombieSquirrel helped a bit, pointing out that the Camera Kit isn't supported by the new version of iOS. I ended up helping her remember her dropbox password; uploaded all the pics to db; and then saved them, ONE AT A TIME, to her iPad. It was very tedious. I very strongly recommended she either get a laptop or borrow someone else's for future projects.

4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

ahh good to know that iOS 8 isn't supported anymore with the CCK.

Fuck those guys because we bought it to use for on the road camera stuff.