1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Tree Dancers Anew - fresh drawings from time to time

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by kramus, Aug 3, 2013.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

How big is that, kramus? She's beautiful.

2. kramus

kramus what I might see

Thanks for that Snowy :) You possibly noticed I gave the Dreamer my Lady's likeness :)
    The piece is 16" wide by 20" tall, acrylic on a stretched canvas. Here is how it will look for the Tour this weekend. You'll recognize the dining room even without a dozen TFP types madly knoshing on assorted food and liquor.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. Fly

Fly music is the answer

damn dood.......everyone of them is awesome.......

love,LOVE your work kramus

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

You just keep getting better, kramus! The infusion of colour in your more recent works blows my mind!

• Like Like x 2
  5. kramus

kramus what I might see

Leah - 12" x 16" pencil, approx 95 minutes - iPhone pic of the drawing.
    My first figure session in many moons. I need to get that hand-talking-with-eye thing going again.

Leah DVAC Oct 2013 800.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I have the little one you gave me at the meetup in my office at school. I love showing it off when people ask about it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kramus

kramus what I might see

I'm doing a couple of drawings for the annual Winter art show that the club I belong to holds. I would like to get 4 done - if your work is small enough they accept 2 submissions instead of one, and if those 2 sell you can replace them if you've pre-booked the work. I pre booked while I was out of country and now have to produce the work. We'll see what I manage to get done.

edited to add writeup:

The pace of Time is no pace. The perspective of Time is independent of viewpoint. There is only the moment. However, that moment has such a rich context that we are short-changing ourselves when unaware of it. For the giants that roam the land in one era may be bypassed, forgotten or even transformed into gentle echoes of what they once were. The land we walk on may have been forest, or sea, or mountain – and as Time has flowed on in its moment-by-moment way the transformation that goes on is unnoticed.

Time - Trails
    16" x 12" pencil & pencil crayon

Time - Trails IF 800.jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
  8. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I really love these.

• Like Like x 1
  9. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

I have ordered a print (which I'm giving to my wife for Christmas). I'll have my own (copy of a) Kramus on the wall soon :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. kramus

kramus what I might see

Time - Shift … 16" x 12" pencil & pencil crayon (I'm showing these with bleed - the frame comes in 1/4" all round to clip it a bit more)
    Now I've finished the commitments I made for the art show submission night this coming Monday. Anything else completed by next weekend is gravy :)

Edited to add my little blurb . . .

While walking on a tall, rocky hill set in the middle of a great rise of land I see nothing but the rise and fall into the distance of more hills and plains. Sometimes where the ground breaks away I notice something intriguing. Evidence that the rock around me, indeed this great rise of land I have been labouring to climb for the last few hours, was laid down in layers, year after year over millennia. Layers that were created deep under water by the slow downward drift of sedimental elements. There has been a shift, somehow, in ages past that has resulted in this place I now stand. I sometimes wonder what is the real place I am standing in. Is my perspective limited in some way? Ought I shift my viewpoint in order to really see what is around me?

Time - Shifts - 16" x 12" pencil, pencil crayon Time - Shift IF 800.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Go you!
    Every time you update this thread, I feel like you are giving us a little gift.
    Thank you, @kramus!

• Like Like x 1
  12. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

And it arrived today. From my quick look, the printing looks great - I'm going to leave it rolled up until my wife sees it. My only note RE buying these online is that getting it shipped to Oz was pretty expensive (basically doubled the price of buying). One of the downsides of living in the antipodeans.

Very happy with my purchase! :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. kramus

kramus what I might see

I hope you enjoy the print! I know that when I ship an insured drawing in a mailing tube that is around 20" long the cost to me is approximately $35 Cdn. I've not tried to mail a piece still in a frame, but I'm betting it would be prohibitively expensive, as well as a real time sink to package it properly.

These Time drawings - I think I'll stop at 3.

Time - Changes - 12" x 16" pencil, pencil crayon and ink pen.

edited to add my little writeup

The opalescent Raven, jewelled by time, sits over a landscape that has ranged through the aeons from being a place of the sea, to rolling hills, to eroded mountain, and now a place for quiet villagers to live as their forebears have lived in their stone houses that date back to the Middle Ages. Change can seem abrupt in the moment you are confronted with it. However from a place of vantage it has a serenity in it's flow, a certainty, a rhythm.

Time - Changes IF 800.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. kramus

kramus what I might see

Sky Drop - acrylic 16" x 20"

Sky Drop 800.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Gorgeous as always, @kramus . We have two of your prints on our mantle right now. I'll have to remember to snap a picture when I get home later.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kramus

kramus what I might see

Thanks Cinn :)

Small Journeys - 16" x 13.5" pencil drawing

image.jpg

After some feedback I did a bit more work on the piece.

Small Journeys adj 800.jpg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  17. kramus

kramus what I might see

I submitted a couple of drawings to a Square Foot show happening here in Toronto. They fit into black wooden frames that measure exactly 12" on a side. Pushed them along because of timelines. Anyway, this is what I wound up with.

Timeless Day pencil 10.5" x 10.5"
    Tiimeless Day adj 800.jpg

Guardian pencil 10.5" x 10.5"
    Guardian from photo adj 800.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Oh I love these!

• Like Like x 1
  19. kramus

kramus what I might see

Experimenting with mixed media. This is a 12" square painting board that comes in a piece with a support frame in it's natural wood colour. I painted it over with a white gesso and sanded it lightly. Then went over it with white acrylic and blended in some other acrylic colour here and there. Next I drew on it with water-soluble pencil crayon and regular pencil crayon. Over that I laid down some more colour and white acrylic washes. The board was then sealed with a few coats of satin finish spray lacquer sealer. I have a couple more I'm working on, each with a different approach to the image. I'll post those here when done.

The Touch of Spring 12"x12"
    The Touch of Spring 800.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  20. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Very Zen. :cool:

• Like Like x 1