1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Trump Documents Federal Indictment & Trial

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Chris Noyb, Jun 11, 2023.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I think it most likely exists for both, with the difference being degree and frequency. The amount for the left leaners when compared to the conservatives could be small enough to be nearly insignificant.

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Yes, but I would like to get away from the "both sides do it" perspective.
    Because there has been a pervasive and aggressive trend and buildup by the ultra-conservatives for the past 2 decades.
    To the point it's warping American governance.

A mountain versus a molehill.
    Mob gangsters vs a common thief.

This is a true threat to the nation...and I don't want to dismiss it.

And the media has fluffed over much under the essence of "being fair" or the equivalence mindset.
    Too much so, that the US has now got a real risk to a rotting corruption.

T is just the tip of the iceberg.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rogue49

Mark Meadows Contradicts Trump’s Key Defense Point In Classified Docs Case

Uh oh, Chief of Staff throwing T under the bus.
    Couldn't happen to a slimier guy.

Although, MM is probably trying to make himself look good, since he's been indicted in the other Federal case for Jan 6th.

"Nope, never heard him ask for declassifying regularly or by standard..." :D

Hey, throw T under the bus so far it sticks him in Hell. (one of his own making, of course)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

The good news is Meadows could (should) be facing significant accumulative prison time. The good/bad news is with his direct knowledge of NPD Trump's activities (GA interference, insurrection, & documents) he's in a great position to work out testimony for reduced time deals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rogue49

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-lawyers-use-jack-smiths-secret-grand-jury-against-him

FYI
    So Cannon's questions are valid, but she may be unfamiliar with Special Counsel rules, being a relatively new judge
    but the defense protests are invalid...but they're desperate...so they're punting. (or unfamiliar with SC rules themselves.)

Let's see if Cannon takes the bait and has to be corrected by the Appellate Court again.

I'm sure Jack Smith knows exactly what he can do.
    SC abilities are BROAD, look at what Ken Starr did to Clinton.

6. rogue49

Prosecutors say witness in Trump's classified documents case retracted false testimony

Now, this is the disadvantage of extended time until trial, more people could flip or go against you.
    Or more could be found out...
    There's no rule that more charges can't be filed.

I hope that this is a trickle that turns into a flood of witnesses finally going against him.
    CYA is accessories' common play.
    Anything to keep themselves out of jail, once they figure out that T will dump them, if not throw them under the bus totally.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

The article notes "the witness" dropped the attorney provided by Team Trump after being advised the attorney faced potential conflicts of interest.

This needs to happen with more witnesses.

In all of the NPD Trump cases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

Keep talking,
    tell us more.

https://www.salon.com/2023/09/08/cl...constitute-virtual-confessions-legal-experts/

Does NPD Trump believe the crap he says?
    Or is he setting up an ignorance excuse?

Ignorance when taking the documents might sound feasible, although "ignorance of the law is no excuse."

His actions refusing to return the docs, returning part of the docs, having his attorney's an submit affidavit knowing it was a lie, having boxes of docs moved so they couldn't be found under a search warrant, etc having nothing to do with ignorance.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

A win for Smith, sort of, because Aileen Trump-Cannon didn't rule on two important concessions sought by Trump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/13/jud...sified-info-in-mar-a-lago-documents-case.html

One thing jumps out at me immediately:
    Does anyone (excluding blindly loyal magatards) actually expect NPD Trump, and his attorneys for that matter, not to discuss the sensitive information when away from the designated areas?

I had a boss who would come up with ridiculous convoluted solutions (some were would've been hilariously funny to outsiders) rather then directly address issues with problems & problem employees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chris Noyb

12. Chris Noyb

Judge in Trump documents case weighs potential defense conflicts

This (let's drop the pretense of potential) conflict of interest has been mentioned many times over the last six months, or longer. Why is only now a legal consideration to be ruled on by Aileen Trump-Cannon? This shit should've addressed and resolved months ago.

This' fuel for the people who say the investigations and indictments, and now the upcoming trials, are all for show. The Powers That Be never had any intention of allowing NPD Trump to convicted, much less put in prison.

I'll say this: If NPD Trump "ages out" of going to prison -- a very real possibility -- there will be many people breathing a sigh of relief. It could happen, and be known as The Great And Necessary Compromise: NPD Trump is convicted, but is allowed to avoid serving time in prison. Remember "healing?"

13. Chris Noyb

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rogue49

Sounds like she's going to try to make the same play as before...and hopefully, she'll be rebuked again by the appellate court.
    Smith and his team are not going to let it stand and if so, appeal. (and they've been winning on appeals)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Chris Noyb

I'm cautiously optimistic.

We need to get NPD Trump exposed and convicted, or exonerated (loosely defined), before the 2024 elections.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. rogue49

I'm hoping for anything and everything...pile it up.
    Including the 14th amendment cases. (I think CO is first up to bat)

Really, the only one that doesn't seem to be going well, is judge Cannon's case. She's going to do something to string it out.
    Fortunately, Smith is fighting every step.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

18. rogue49

The thing is, Smith now has it on record, of the judge's potential of being influenced and the inane protocols...and it likely being lopsided.
    Something that he can take to the appeals court.

She's been rebuked before...but she's not noting that she's potentially going over the line again.
    I find that many radicals are often oblivious that the do biased things...they cannot help themselves.

Smith is setting up Plan B, IMHO.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Chris Noyb

I hope Smith has a plan, several plans, in place JIC. One thing to remember: When, or if, NPD Trump is ever actually tried and convicted, the punishment will be up to Judge Aileen (Trump) Cannon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. rogue49

• Like Like x 1