1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Trump Documents Federal Indictment & Trial

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Chris Noyb, Jun 11, 2023.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Followup...
    Even Judge Cannon Can’t Fathom Trump’s Reasoning to Delay His Trial

Something made her blink...
    She reversed the tone and denied Chump.

Will we actually get a decent time to trial on this?
    Frankly, I think we'll have to wait until after the holidays.a
    As we get closer, they'll see which way the wind blows, before attemtpting to delay or not.

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/10/trump-judge-rejects-classified-documents-trial-delay.html

Aileen Trump-Cannon has basically delayed ruling on the delay request until a hearing already scheduled for 01-Mar-2024. I'm willing to bet a cup of coffee she grants the trial delay.

Also NPD Trump has (yet again) admitted "various people" people saw the papers & the boxes at Mar-A-Lago, still claiming he had the right to keep the documents.

"""Of course they ("various people") did! They may have been (SIC?) the boxes etc. that were openly and plainly brought from the White House, as is my right under the Presidential Records Act," Trump posted on social media."

Keep talking, Agent Orange 45, keep talking.

3. rogue49

Cannon strikes again, delaying even more preliminary actions :rolleyes:

She’s definitely in Chump’s court

Experts say that the things she delayed are normal procedures and actions

They also say the appellate court might get involved again.

Let’s hope so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. rogue49

How one judge is slowing down one of Trump’s biggest criminal cases

This whole case shows the inherent bias and holes in the system.
    How one judge can ruin a good case.

I wonder if the higher courts and judges will intervene, since it's obvious and apparent what she's doing.
    Whether it's by intent or lack of experience, either way it's doing harm. (IMHO, it's intent)

A slow burn, most certainly.
    Except it's smoldering because water is being poured on it, drowning the embers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

IF this ever gets to an actual trial, Aileen Trump-Cannon will make certain the first trial ends in a mistrial. She'll leave openings for magatards to make it onto the jury, grant ridiculous motions, favor NPD Trump at every chance.

Aileen Trump-Cannon is moving slowly on purpose. She might be using an abundance of caution, but she's doing so to the extreme.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rogue49

Bid to hold Trump accountable for Jan. 6 violence stalls at appeals court — POLITICO

This affects many of Chump’s cases but especially the Jan 6th one

These are tangent cases, separate and with other judges.

But this is like a Gordian Knot, a twisted mass of twine with no end.

And each judge is different in tone and thought.
    Who knows what might be done.

Again and again, these go to panel appellate courts.

And each may be attempting to go as far as the Supreme Court.

It’s unending, it seems.

Who will stop the madman?
    The voters or nature?

Because justice is being very blind here
    And moving at the pace of a snail, like an old crone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rogue49

9. Chris Noyb

This supports what many people called for from the start (while many said was a bad idea): Try to remove Aileen Trump-Cannon.

At this rate NPD Trump will end up dead or mindless before he comes close to going to prison. He could also end up living a long time as a free man.

10. rogue49

Special counsel mounts forceful — and unusual — defense of Trump classified documents case — POLITICO

Good thing Mr. Smith is used to going after war criminals and mafia

Both international and federal courts are lengthy marathons…with targets that constantly use their power, wealth and influence to delay and dismiss.

Chump has got a target lock on his tail
    The prosecution is VERY patient

Problem is, time is a factor in other matters
    The more that is revealed, that affects voters and donors from supporting him.
    There’s more at stake than just justice.

11. Chris Noyb

I find it interesting, in a bad way, that Smith even has to make such a filing. The history of the government's effort to politely request then legally demand the return of the docs, and NPD Trump's efforts to deceive and avoid the requests, is well documented

As the expression goes (credit Hitler? Probably someone much earlier) a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth. That works especially well on the low IQ maga supporters, & is misused by those who know better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. rogue49

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  13. Chris Noyb

I don't trust Aileen Cannon-Trump. Something is going on, something more than the fact she said she might show NPD Trump's attorneys some leeway after the 22 Feb 2024 deadline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rogue49

15. Chris Noyb

Jack Smith's summary is concise and factual.

Aileen Cannon-Trump still has her tongue in NPD Trump's rectum.

Bad news: Her handling of this case could pretty much kill her chances for advancement (but she's relatively young, anything could happen say 10 years from now).

Worse news: If she sees the handwriting on the wall, she might decide screw it and increase her support for NPD Trump.

This appears to be the clearest case against NPD Trump. He has/had only two defenses. The declassification has been shot down, & presidential immunity isn't looking good. It's up to Aileen Cannon-Trump, and probably a planted juror, to save him. I hope Smith's decision not to pursue her removal early doesn't bite him in the ass.

Trump will be dead, or a babbling idiot, by the time this case is resolved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

What will Aileen Cannon-Trump do?

https://www.salon.com/2024/03/11/le...-looking-to-toss-the-case-against-at-hearing/

Will she toss what is the most solid case against NPD Trump for some flimsy reason?

If yes, what recourse does the prosecution have? Jack Smith is smart & resourceful, but there may be legalities beyond the control of him and the DOJ. Also, I'm still convinced the Powers That Be really don't want any NPD Trump trials.

It's possible this hearing is nothing but a small bump in the road.

It's possible this is just another way for her to add more delays.

Where's the radical left when we need it?

18. rogue49

19. Chris Noyb

The FBI and prosecutors have known about Bedminster for months, maybe years. I would certainly hope they've done some searches there, & elsewhere.

If they haven't...NPD Trump would have to be a complete idiot not to have removed the documents, then sent the people involved to remote locations around the world. If Agent Orange 45 isn't that smart, some smart people covering for him should've done it.

20. rogue49

Denied :)

• Winner Winner x 1