1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Trump Documents Federal Indictment & Trial

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Chris Noyb, Jun 11, 2023.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

And this is what Cannon is lingering on…

Lawyers found classified docs in Trump’s bedroom 4 months after Mar-a-Lago search — POLITICO

Federal judge found ‘strong evidence’ of crimes before Trump was charged in classified documents case — CNN

There was intent.
    Planning

And god knows what else the FBI hasn’t found yet.

Yet…SCOTUS is determining immunity
    With biased justices with conflicts of interest

And somehow we’ve got a judge that’s basically auditioning for the newest justice if Chump wins.

They’re bending…every rule they can.

Where IS justice???

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

To answer a rhetorical question, justice is diminishing along with the integrity and ethics required to make justice work. Lifetime appointments, & weak and nonexistent punishments, make easy to set aside integrity and ethics. It's even easier when many other judges are openly supporting, and giving silent consent to, what is judicial misconduct (although not always clearly in the strictest legal sensel).

Mix in politicians, mostly the GOP although the Dems aren't completely innocent, willing to do/not do whatever it takes to to get their way.

Something jumps out at me. It seems Aileen Cannon-Trump has released some documents that could be considered sensitive information. This could be a simple oversight with no real legal ramifications...or she could be opening the door for more motions to further delay the trial, & provide material for an appeal.

I wonder if the Feds could make Bedminster a new and separate case.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rogue49

4. Chris Noyb

Aileen Cannon-Trump doesn't want this trial to start...at all...definitely not before the 2024 Election. Everybody and their mother knows this case will be appealed if NPD Trump is some how convicted. The easy path to an appeal has been cleared by her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Look at her background.
    She is completely unqualified for the position she is in. She comes to this case with almost no courtroom experience as a judge.
    Her sheer incompetence alone is enough to explain the delays.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. rogue49

Judge Cannon rejects request for gag order against Donald Trump in classified docs case — CNN

Of course, she denied it. :rolleyes:
    (and rude too)

Now Jack Smith gets to go to appeal court.
    Use it as leverage against her.

It’s NOT like Chump hasn’t already proved he needs one
    AND the other active cases have…

Hell, Chump has already made himself susceptible to a 3rd defamation lawsuit.
    And he was held in contempt
    And he’s gone after staff, triggering his nutjob fans.

He’s got a good case against HER
    Unfortunately, it will delay things more.

7. Chris Noyb

8. rogue49

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. pig

pig Slightly Tilted Donor

It's really shocking to witness this all the way from someone like this nutjob in Florida all the way up to the Supremes. Conservatives decided to hijack the courts and chipped away at it for 40 years. Statistically, they have the money and the short term money interests.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Chris Noyb

I'm not sure which is worse, the obvious lack of integrity, or the silent consent supporting it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. rogue49

13. Chris Noyb

I was just about to post that link.

Aileen Cannon-Trump is allowing outside "experts" to present their opinions...WTF?

That sounds like BS. I'm thinking a judge should hear arguments from the attorneys, not a group of hired guns and other people with a strong interest in protecting NPD Trump (maybe I watch too much TV?).

Maybe she wants to remove Smith before he starts pushing, seriously, to remove her.

Maybe she's hoping to get bounced from the case, to save her from being absolutely exposed as pro Trump, or having to act like a real judge.

One thing she's definitely doing is further delaying the trial.

The strongest case the US has against Donald Trump is being sabotaged by Aileen Cannon, a judge appointed by Trump. If Cannon were a member of the potential jury pool this clear and massive employer-employee conflict of interest would keep her from sitting on the jury, yet she is being allowed to serve as the judge.

If the documents case against Trump never comes to trial, or happens so far in the future the outrage has died down, I'll view that as confirmation The Powers That Be never wanted to face the prospect of convicting a XPOTUS of treason and espionage. The wrath of sweeping it under the rug is less than the wrath of doing the right thing. This is a modern version of Let's Not Challenge Ford Pardoning Nixon Because It Would Be Too Messy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. pig

Unfuckingbelievable

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Chris Noyb

You know what else truly sad here?

It's becoming more believable. Little piece by little piece.

16. rogue49

If Merrick Garland wants to prove his defense of himself, (as he said on the panel the other day)
    then he needs to start pushing a investigation on this court system (on Cannon, the Appellate judge above and the selection process)
    And the Dem majority senate backs him up. (make it another wedge issue in the election) Have some balls, get aggresive.

Something very fishy IS going on.
    And there IS a slow moving coup...

The corruption is obvious. (even clumsy)
    And the Dems have been too polite.

To go Godwin, like Lord Chamberlin did with Hitler.
    Stop "going high", they're making y'all look like fools. (and the extremists ARE fools...just very aggressive fools)
    This whole thing has been whacked for years.
    The Dems are just wringing their hands and shaking their fists. (Biden included)
    No, y'all are going to wait until the damn Nazis almost take over a continent.

This is like seeing a person with a gun at their hip, hearing a bank alarm and seeing a car speed away with the license plate in glowing lights.
    And saying, "we don't have proof" something has happened, but the bank there is missing money. Hmm...

THIS is why many were cheering when the guilty verdict...they FINALLY did something.
    Justice actually happened for a "duh" decision.

No, you put in jail ALL others involved, but you allow the "brain" to slip away.

Justice may be blind, but Dems are wide eyed sloths.

Just pisses me off. :mad:

Guess we're just going to become China.
    A tyranny with lots of money, power and nukes.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

It's the relative passiveness of the Dems that make me think The Powers That Be include top leadership from both parties.

Nobody, and that includes the Dems, wants to go after Trump with full force.

Suppose Biden had a sizeable Dem majority in both houses starting 2021. Would have he and the Democratic leaders pushed harder on Trump? Possibly, but only rhetorically.

I can't say this enough:
    Nobody wants to go after Trump full force. Are they scared to further expose the flaws in our system of checks & balances, self policing, judicial integrity, country before party, etc?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

Last edited: Jun 12, 2024 at 8:05 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  19. pig

From one of those articles above (I think... maybe I read it elsewhere) she's apparently a legalist who seems to take a bit of form over function in her work. The type to correct grammar, but not address the underlying ideas being expressed.

She also is relatively new and inexperienced. Add that to her apparently being a Federalist plant, and she likely does want to make it clear that she isn't going to let her Conservative bonafides be questioned at the next Harlan Crowe get together just because she had to rule against Trump's legal team bullshittery.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

"If I act like I'm thinking deeply, nobody will notice I have no idea what I'm doing."

We used to occasionally serve subpoenas to the City of Houston legal department. [BTW/FTR process (subpoena) serving isn't fun or glamorous, it sucks.]
    One guy there would put his hands in his vest*, & say, "Well, I'm going to have to think about this."
    He sounded like an idiot.

*He wore, in Houston weather, three piece suits that looked at least 20 years old, & they were made of winter weight wool.