1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Trump, Election Fraud and 06 Jan 2021 Indictment, Trial

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Chris Noyb, Aug 4, 2023.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Since NPD Trump has been officially charged, I'm thinking it's time to concentrate comments on this Jan 06 indictment & trial in one thread.

The election-meddling indictment against Trump is sprawling. Here's a breakdown of the case

^ I wanted to find an explanation of exactly what he is being charged with.

Trump’s new judge is a tough Jan. 6 sentencer — and has a history with him

Some info on Tanya Chutkan might be useful.

There are reports, nothing really serious, that NPD Trump did NOT like being addressed as Mr. Trump. This certainly isn't surprising. Is this Chutkan's normal MO, or is she sending a message that XPOTUS doesn't mean anything as to special handling? I lean towards a message, but since she hasn't before had a XPOTUS as a defendant we don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

While I think the DOJ has a good case, I think his defense team should try and argue that the original Constitution allowed for state legislatures to have more power and the Electoral Count Act is unconstitutional...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

'I'm coming after you:' Donald Trump threatens rivals; prosecutor seeks protective order

Ok, he may have finally stepped over the line finally here... (not that his fans will care or he hasn't before in OTHER topics :oops:)

But this is gaining traction in the news
    and this new judge doesn't screw around and frowns on shenanigans.
    ‘The Worst Trump Could’ve Got’: Lawyers Spill on His Jan. 6 Judge

It would be funny for him to be put in jail (or house arrest and media blockage) because of this BEFORE he actually goes onto trial for any of his cases. :D
    Secret service would likely insist on the house arrest.

Frankly, not that anything is going to happen, but anything that ill piss him off and hamstring his campaign as much as possible.

In the meantime, Obama has talked to Biden about T and him potentially winning again.
    Barack Obama Is Also Scared Shitless That Donald Trump Could Win Another Term: Report

IF they're smart...Biden will consider this a matter of national security not just politics and strategy.
    T DID try to basically take over the country in a political coup.
    Who knows what he'd do if he got in again??? :eek:

Meanwhile it seems that T is doing everything to fuck up his chances.
    AND all the opposition is going shit to let him get away with it. (including delaying thing even LONGER :rolleyes:)

Hey, I'll put it this way...if the Ukrainian took this LONG to shoot back, they'd wouldn't have a country anymore.
    We risk the same legally.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I wonder if they would choose NYC for the house arrest? I would think that his Florida place has too many random people showing up. And New Jersey might be about the same.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rogue49

I'd think it would be something under Federal Control in DC. They've got enough places like this.
    And it would make sure that he'd show up for the BIG case. (Fly him FL, GA and NY as needed)

They've got more than enough budget for the Secret Service, and they'd actually save $$$ by securing one place (and 3 secondary) instead of him going all over constantly as he does now.
    Plus T wouldn't get to charge for using HIS business owned locations. (as he does extravagantly)

• Like Like x 1
  6. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  8. rogue49

9. Chris Noyb

10. Chris Noyb

A hearing regarding what NNP Trump can & can't reveal is set for this Friday.

Judge schedules Friday hearing on proposed protective order in Jan. 6 case

A report on ABC's broadcast news said Chutkan has told the two sides to work out an agreement.

Trusting NPD Trump not to reveal protected info sounds like wishful thinking. Given his record of reckless speech erring on the side of caution seems wise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chris Noyb

12. rogue49

You know T is going to push it.
    Question is if the judge will call him on it and act.

At least she said that he cannot bring his smartphone into any confidential reviews. (since he has a s tendency to "hold onto it" :rolleyes:)

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

I wonder what she can actually do to get his attention. Tighten the restrictions until he can't say much of anything? Fines that can be appealed & delayed? Jail time for contempt of court?

Some insight...

https://www.salon.com/2023/08/09/ex...or-contempt-but-that-may-change-with-chutkan/

14. Chris Noyb

15. Chris Noyb

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/17/1194362551/tanya-chutkan-judge-threats-trump-insurrection-trial-shry

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...inst-jan-6-judge-is-locked-up-ahead-of-trial/

There's a link to the affidavit in the second article.

Shry lives in Alvin, Texas, which is about 30 miles south/southeast of Houston; I have family living in & near Alvin, and I've spent a fair amount of time there. If Alvin sounds familiar to you it might be because it's Nolan Ryan's hometown.

The info in the link below confirms what I've always noticed: Black's avoid living in Alvin.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/alvin-tx-population

Five percent is a very low number. It adds to my curiosity as to why blacks avoid living in Alvin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/17/1194362551/tanya-chutkan-judge-threats-trump-insurrection-trial-shry

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...inst-jan-6-judge-is-locked-up-ahead-of-trial/

There's a link to the affidavit in the second article.

Shry lives in Alvin, Texas, which is about 30 miles south/southeast of Houston; I have family living in & near Alvin, and I've spent a fair amount of time there. If Alvin sounds familiar to you it might be because it's Nolan Ryan's hometown.

The info in the link below confirms what I've always noticed: Black's avoid living in Alvin.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/alvin-tx-population

Five percent is a very low number. It adds to my curiosity as to why blacks avoid living in Alvin.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

18. Chris Noyb

NPD Trump is under some type of Be Careful What You Say order in all or most of his ongoing cases, namely to stop him from revealing sensitive info, and intimidating potential witnesses.

What if he pulls his old trick of promising pardons once he's reelected (hopefully only in his mind)? This wouldn't apply to the GA case as long as it remains under state jurisdiction.

I'd call it witness tampering.

19. Chris Noyb

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1