1. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Trump, Election Fraud and 06 Jan 2021 Indictment, Trial

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Chris Noyb, Aug 4, 2023.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

If NPD Trump declares this defense, attorney-client privelage is waived. I'd love to hear about what went on between him & his attorneys, most esp Counselori Giuliani.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Ex-Prosecutor Urges Judge To Call Donald Trump's Bluff On Latest Legal Move

Yes, call his bluff...don't let him play the victim.
    Show the whole real deal. Lighting it all up is good. No secrets, no shadow, no ambiguity.

Yes, he'll play to the cameras, but in turn, this will ruin his defense. (just like it has in the fraud trial, what plays for TV pisses off the judges)
    Yes, his base and fans will like his tirades, but they aren't going to change their mind...but what it will do is chase away those who think it's inappropriate and crude.

Show the man behind the curtain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

I bolded the part I absolutely agree with.

Time to quit worrying about NPD Trump's base (but do be prepared to deal with them), and show reasonable people his: Delusional thinking, sense of entitlement, how he knowingly broke the law, attempted to suspend democracy, behaved like a dangerous petulant child, etc.

Edit: I'm hope he testifies and has numerous "A Few Good Men" moments.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rogue49

• Like Like x 2
  5. rogue49

Judge rejects Trump’s claim of immunity in his federal 2020 election prosecution
    And yet another loss for Chump today.
    PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY...
    It's just been revoked! ( to borrow from Lethal Weapon 2 :D)

Hope this sanity keeps on happening.
    We need it. An actual sense of justice.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  7. rogue49

I think he's able to use them and would be able to leverage it all.
    But...it's about whether he's allowed to use them.

The judge, etc. can restrict or not allow, and even then, an appeals court may butt in. (or Congress or or or...)
    And the opposition will protest everything...and then try to delay even that.

As Shakespeare mentioned in the To Be or Not To Be speech, "the Law’s delay"
    this has been an issue since before his time...2023 and we still deal with this.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

This could also go in the SCOTUS thread...second.

https://www.salon.com/2023/12/11/sp...-petitions-to-immediately-decide-on-immunity/

I seriously like this move. Optimistically it skips the delays, gets the Presidential immunity (bullshit) issue settled now. The precedent was set when SCOTUS said Ticky Dicky had to turn over the tapes (yet again another NPD Trump and Nixon comparison, association, connection, similarity...I can't think of just a single word).

• Like Like x 1
  9. rogue49

You can't say that Mr. Smith is a shy guy.
    Then again, once you've been up against true gangsters and war criminals (including leaders), you learn to be bold and have a tough skin. Get the job done.

Most experts are saying that even an ultra-conservative supreme court, won't say a president is immune...it sets too much precedent for the future. (no matter the party)
    You might get Thomas and Alito to go for it, they're radical enough (if not serious conflicts of interest) ...but I doubt the others would.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  11. rogue49

It has faded away...since last year.
    Most media I can find on it was in the summer of 2022...only this from NPR was the latest, Jan 2023. I've seen nothing after this, so far.
    National Archives asks Secret Service to probe deleted texts sent around Jan. 6

Basically the media has forgotten it. And the Secret Service, who has a new Biden-appointed leader now, has not put anything out on it.
    So perhaps a Dept. coverup???
    I'd say only Jack Smith and his team may be drilling down on it...but maybe he's holding it back for another surprise.

If SCOTUS gives the go-ahead and says there's no immunity, then I think Mr. Smith and his team have LOTS of surprises in store.
    Chump's team will be punch drunk trying to keep up.
    And Smith will release it in a staggered manor, to surprise, but still give enough time for the Chump team to get evidence review.
    Both sides can play games.
    Chump's is delay, delay, delay...Smith's will put out bread crumbs...a trail of tears.

12. Chris Noyb

A name to remember & research, Secret Service spokesperson (attorney?, spin doctor?, fixer?), Anthony Guglielmi.

I'll be extremely disappointed in Biden, and further disappointed :mad: in Tortoise Garland, if this gets swept under the rug. Let's have an investigation, even if it turns out to be a truly honest tech mistake :rolleyes:.

This sounds like a situation that
    might maybe possibly
    get a very brief mention in the history of Jan 06.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

14. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  15. rogue49

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

If the comments I read on YouTube, and the big R site (that isn't what it used to be), yes,

the world thinks our
    US judicial system
    is a bad joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. rogue49

Trump Tells Appeals Panel He Should Have ‘Absolute Immunity’

Absolute bullshit. :mad:
    That's what it is. This guy's twisted mind...
    1. No impeachment is NOT double jeopardy. Impeachment is just the attempt to remove you from office. It is NOT a criminal process, which would also need to be done after impeachment.
    2. Your actions were NOT in the duties of being president. They were in direct opposition, trying to stay in office after you were voted out.
    3. Absolute immunity would be a VERY dangerous choice, which any future prez and action taken by them, including killing millions of citizens for example, would be not addressable....including impeachment.
    4. take your pick of many more... :rolleyes:
    I do hope that the courts don't allow this slippery slope to continue.
    Our nation would be destroy, if not by Chump, but by any other more intelligent and ruthless prez in the future, by those interpretations of the law.
    Or NO law over the president, whatsoever...which is what it would end up being.

The implications and consequences would be profound. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

^^^

You mean NPD Trump actually had the right to withhold earmarked funding from Ukraine until Zelinskyy did him some political favors because NPD Trump was officially acting as POTUS?

Something the magatards might want to give some thought:
    If Biden -- officially acting as POTUS -- imprisons NPD Trump without due process, he would be immune from prosecution.

19. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

Getting Judge Chutkan to order NPD Trump's legal team not to introduce any unproven BS is one thing.

Getting his legal team to obey said order is something else. Punishing them for disobeying it would be interesting.

Keeping the BS from influencing the jury might be impossible.

• Agree Agree x 1