1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Trump - What has he done now???

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Jan 8, 2017.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Yes, but ya have to remember
    The T supporters are very aggressive and verbose.

Most people just don’t feel the need to express themselves aloud or protest or post signs.

This will likely be another blue wave as in 2018
    T has the distinct disadvantage of being president during a plague and deep recession
    Neither of which are going away soon

I just went to a political seminar last night, which showed every prez in the past 100 years who’s tried to be re-elected during or near a recession, has lost.

Unfortunately for him, because he screwed the pooch so much, the typical spike for the prez that happens during crisis...has actually transferred to Biden instead. (Since T is shown instability and Biden is known, Ex-VP and seen as stable)

The seminar says that normally each side starts with about 44%, no matter the politics. Leaving them to fight for the remainder of 12%.
    Very fascinating.

Despite people’s anger to T
    He’s having the bad luck of presiding over a recession
    And made things worse by his instability and incompetence.

If he’d had acted quickly and sanely
    He’d probably be up now.

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Trump has done one thing very well, which isn't surprising given the amount of practice he's had:

Throw money--other people's money--at problems.

-----------

Kicking Covid-19 responsibilities back to the states is a wise political move. It would take a coordinated effort by the governors to effectively challenge Trump's claims of what a great job he's doing (a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth), and I don't see the Republican governors participating.

3. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3SjtG5lwOI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joxYLYD5eoQ

I wasn't expecting a recession before November at the start of this year for sure. And I am shocked that he has handled this pandemic so bad. He could be up in the swing states by double digits if he acted like a leader for once. The governors in the states are getting praise from a lot of people on the other side of the political spectrum for the handling of this virus.

Yes he might have had to tell his followers to wear a mask and stay at home. He probably would have made red ones with MAGA written on it. If he forced some more drastic steps like wanting all grocery stores to close and switch to pickup only, especially in the hardest hit areas. Working on getting P100 full face masks for medical staff, and better procedures. Saying that businesses can open if they find a way to make sure no one gets infected, even if everyone else has the virus... And deal with the industries and economy with guidance from experts. Make some prepared speeches about getting the country through this together. That travel between areas has to be limited to trucks for a few weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  4. rogue49

• Like Like x 2
  5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

6. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

While The Lincoln Project is going for the Full Court Press tactic, it might be received differently if it was coming from a left-wing group, a left-wing comedy show, or the DNC/Dem Candidates.

This is a good podcast episode as to why:
    Revisionist History Podcast

It's been a while since I listened to it, but I think I remember the premise is that the type of voter who you would think would be swayed by being shown these video ads, actually feels like it is an attack on them and how they live life.

• Like Like x 1
  8. redux

redux Very Tilted

MeidaTouch is a new progressive PAC...

EXCLUSIVE NEW VIDEO: MeidasTouch Presents ‘Women Scare Trump’

At this point we all understand that anything that comes out of Donald Trump’s mouth is either a lie, projection, a misogynistic hate-fueled statement, or a combination of all three.

MeidasTouch’s latest video, #WomenScareTrump, once again shines a light on this very weak and pathetic President..

The minute long video uses Trump’s own words to showcase just how deplorable and belittling he can be while addressing female reporters.

His retorts are meant to undermine the journalistic integrity that these powerful women put forth while trying to deal with this toddler- like “President.”

Here’s the thing, Trump’s reactions to female journalists can boil down to one simple fact – Donald J. Trump is scared of women.

Women scare Trump because they are a threat to everything Donnie has grown accustomed to in his white, male-dominated world...

EXCLUSIVE NEW VIDEO: MeidasTouch Presents 'Women Scare Trump' - MeidasTouch

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

The inferior sex should not dare to question the king.

Seriously, it's an example of if you are not 100% with Trump, you are against Trump. Combined with his (false, delusional, exaggerated, etc) sense of superiority, as Trump the King and as an extremely successful businessMAN.

That could be used against Trump. The Shyster, so confident of his superiority, might reveal details of questionable actions to a woman he views as inferior.

10. rogue49

Trump admits it: He's losing

Mr T is aware he’s being trounced

Although it’s unlikely he’ll quit
    He doubles down on the worst hands
    Plus he’s got WAY more damage to do
    (Gotta pat the piper...Putin and his other anti-govt brokers)

He’ll live in infamy
    Perhaps prison too.

——

Now, Biden has just gotta not fuck it up...
    And live...don’t get the virus, sir.

Oh yeah...and everyone VOTE
    I can see our lazy asses forget to do that
    And then T wins due to neglect

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

There is no way he is being 'trounced". Yes 14% won't admit to a pollster that they will vote for him, but this is a 50%-50% race, not a 50%-36% one like the media likes to go on about...

With how hard it will be to vote in October/November, and how dedicated the right is to prevent anything from happening to their guns, to religion, and trying to prevent the Democrats from telling them what to do, this is far from over. And won't turn out well if even a small percentage of people who aren't "political" think that they don't need to vote because it is going to be easy for Biden to win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chris Noyb

The people who voted for Trump in 2016 are a mixed and unpredictable group. Combining that with the Any Republican Is Better Than A Democrat voters means Biden can't rely on polling numbers.

Remember how nearly everyone had Hilary sitting in the Oval Office?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. rogue49

• Like Like x 4
  14. rogue49

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

^ One of the best Trump impersonators I've heard.

17. rogue49

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. rogue49

And speaking of things to aggravate him...
    Ewww

View:

• Like Like x 1
  19. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  20. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1