1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Trump - What has he done now???

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

They are all crazy. I like Trump...which I know no one here does.
    I prefer Harris over Biden. I can’t stand slimy Biden, never could and hope to god Harris takes the reins quickly.
    She is badass!
    Don’t let your rage against trump make you blind to everything else that is going on.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

The rage against Conman Trump doesn't blind me. If the rage against Conman does blind some people to Biden's faults, guess who Conman has to blame? Himself. When you grab the spotlight at every opportunity, and bask in negative attention by filtering it through Trump-O-Vision, you take attention away from others who deserve at least some scrutiny.

The Biden thread here will see more activity, positive and negative.

Harris is sharper than Biden, and much sharper Trump and Pence combined.

Biden definitely has some history. I firmly believe that VPs, at least some of them, oversee shadowy activity in order to give the POTUS deniability.

Trump had plenty of history that he brought with him. And proceeded to generate way more than his share of political slime.

History will judge Trump harshly, with good reason. We'll have to see what happens under Biden.

@Freetofly, I'm interested in hearing more about what makes Biden slimy. Perhaps you could share in the Biden thread, or here.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

And continuing with the crazy...

View: https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1342192475100893195?s=21

He just doesn’t have a good grasp on reality when it doesn’t benefit him.

In a way, I’m thankful he isn’t smarter or competent, because I could imagine the damage he’d do if he really knew what he was doing and was fully aware.

We’ve had many semi-blocking things because they knew how damaging it could be or was fully illegal AND they could be complicit and held accountable.

No one wants to go to jail.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

That is the part that is most surprising to me is the lack of guardrails and protections against a vengeful President. Especially a more controlled one that doesn't have as many flaws and scandals.

If someone like VP Pence said that he would per-emptively pardon any legal gun owner for killing abortion doctors, there doesn't seem to be anything that would stop him from doing that.

About the only thing they failed at is corrupting the outcome of an election at the federal level.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. rogue49

6. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  7. rogue49

He’d have a hard time with the back cover description ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. rogue49

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

Of course it's all about Donald "Conman" Trump.

Conman gets the attention. He rationalizes the reversal by telling himself he's doing for the people.

Does Conman have the foresight to (attempt to) hold the aid package hostage in exchange for the Presidency?
    I don't think he has the IQ to formulate such a plan.
    I do think he's self-centered enough (NPD) to listen to, and actually believe in, such an ill-advised plan.

10. Chris Noyb

Conman is "working tirelessly" for a resolution.

On the golf course.

11. Chris Noyb

Conman got the media attention he wanted, the drama, and signed the covid relief bill.

Does he think this puts him in a good light? That people should be grateful because he finally did, nearly a week later, what he had already agreed to do?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chris Noyb

My wife, who doesn't follow politics, surprised me with a worthy thought:

If Trump plans to run in 2024, why is he pulling all of this crap now? Doesn't he think about how it could affect him in 2024?

My response was no, Conman doesn't think. He's impulsive and gives in to knee-jerk reactions. He chooses vindictiveness (getting even now) without considering the long-term consequences.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  14. rogue49

T is in trouble again...and they've got it ON TAPE....
    In recorded call, Trump pressures Georgia official to change election results - media

If the time was longer and the GOP not complict, this would be impeachable.
    Most definitely, it's criminal...and outside the bounds of "executive privilege". Why? Because it's about the campaign...NOT in his capacity as president.

Question is...is ANYBODY going to do something about it???

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Yeah that's what I was mentioning earlier.

I'm wondering about the pardons. Is this the dream team he starts up with for the trump channel ? Will ppl web host some kind of trump land tv ? I doubt he could get a broadcasting licence. Maybe ham radio ?!?
    There are military criminals in the bunch too so will they call in the PB's and Boogaloos and attempt some kinda armed paramilitary coup ? insane_20200618012203667.jpg
    Sorry for the meme but it seems appropriate, born on my phone...striped of metadata. I will pull it if seemed inappropriate or mods can no argument.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

In all likelihood, no. Not with Conman Trump having only 16 days (we hope!) left.

Even if there was plenty of time, the House could go after him, and the Senate would let him slide.

IMO the call is grounds for impeachment. Conman is clearly asking for votes to be altered or fake votes to be generated.

I haven't had time to listen to the full hour+, but in the bits I've heard Conman sounds slightly buzzed. That's not excuse reasoning, just an observation.

• Like Like x 3
  17. rogue49

• Like Like x 2
  18. Chris Noyb

I'm hopeful that Conman's rants keep Republican voters at home in Georgia tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Yes it was fucked up and wrong..... but it was fucked up that the phone call was leaked. Both are wrong.

I will vote this afternoon.
    going to be an interesting evening

20. Chris Noyb

Trump first tweeted about the phone conversation, of course putting his spin on it. That prompted Raffensperger, the Georgia Secretary of State, to release the recording. He has said he was treating the call as private until Trump tweeted about it.

I think Raffensperger did the right thing.
    Let everyone hear the actual conversation,
    not the Trump-O-Vision version,
    not a partial heavily edited "transcript" of the call.

• Like Like x 3