1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Trump - What has he done now???

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

NPD Trump is openly hawking his merchandise at Sneaker Con.

A former POTUS is shamelessly hawking his merchandise at Sneaker Con to raise money.

The leading contender to be the GOP candidate for POTUS is shamelessly hawking his merchandisecar Sneaker Con.

The money isn't for his campaign, it's to pay off the legal financial judgments against him.

Nixon, at his absolute lowest, wouldn't sink this low.

Mentioning NPD Trump at Sneaker Con...
    What happened to the people who could be heard booing him? Were they removed so that his hawking time would not be interrupted, would give the appearance of being completely supported?

• Like Like x 1
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

No, I'd think the same for a GOP AG.
    It's mostly a personal life issue. (and I think the money is just a red herring)

They're using it for yet another delaying tactic. (and embarrasment)

3. Chris Noyb

In a reversed situation, I'm thinking most Dems would be demanding the removal. But that is moot.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Hopefully Willis stays on the case. Hopefully NPD Trump actually faces the consequences of his clear attempt at election interference in Georgia.

4. rogue49

5. Chris Noyb

This merger was previously in the news as something the SEC most likely would not allow, & as something absolutely crucial to the survival of the Trump Media Group.

I need to do some reading to refresh my memory on this deal, & hopefully obtain some new info.

Using a link in the orig article...

Cha-ching! How Trump is making $4 billion from his 2024 campaign for president.

Something very disturbing from the above article:
    "The phone number listed for Digital World Acquisition Corp. in the company's filings has been disconnected. Emails sent to the media-relations address bounced back."

Some random thoughts.

This money is all on paper. The high value of stock at the IPO usually drops after the IPO.

Our free market economy allows struggling (perhaps nearly worthless) companies to manipulate the system. Buying shares in Truth Social allows people to support NPD Trump and possibly make a future profit. Good luck with that when dealing with NPD Trump. He (actually his people) will figure out a way to manipulate the stock into artificially high prices, then sell his shares before the price nosedive. It's a common practice that many businesses get away with as long as what they're pulling isn't blatantly obvious (clearly NPD Trump will need some major guidance in making this work).

This will allow people to support NPD Trump, lose money doing so, & use all kinds of loopholes to minimize their loss. Isn't our free market economy great?

• Like Like x 1
  6. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

Does this belong in another thread? Maybe. I don't know. But I also don't think so.

View: https://youtu.be/yWf0u-ivyoY?si=T5ng2VfHeO1E3Ltx

The Lincoln Project has taken fire from its own supporters. I thinking bringing up NPD Trump's dead father is low, but it reminds me of boxing matches I've seen.

A known dirty fighter is using obvious and sneaky dirty tactics that the ref mostly allows, issuing very few serious warnings. The clean fighter drops his head to land a headbutt that opens a nasty cut above the eye of the dirty fighter. It's an illegal foul against an opponent committing illegal fouls. What was the clean fighter supposed to do?

• Like Like x 1
  9. rogue49

Fight fire with fire.
    Chump plays dirty, dirt should be flung back.

Polite was tried, didn't do crap. The scumbag is still around.
    And the security of the nation is at stake.

We can civil with civil opposition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rogue49

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chris Noyb

Since thi
    You, or me, would be put on a short leash, first get hammered with fines that actually hurt, then end up in jail.

But not NPD Trump. Oh no, we can't have "bad visuals" of an EXPOTUS being put in jail.

Just like we couldn't have "bad visuals" of armed forces protecting the Capital Building.

Only one thing will physically remove NPD Trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. rogue49

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

I'm quoting myself from the SCOTUS thread because IMO this is big news also needs to mentioned specifically under NPD Trump.

• Like Like x 1
  14. rogue49

Trump is disqualified from Illinois ballot, judge rules

Another domino falls...
    Now the SCOTUS decision affects this, but this adds to the onus on the justices.
    Every negative comes into play for their choice.

Plus, this will piss off Chump to no end. :D
    He's not been doing so hot this week, despite the win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rogue49

16. Chris Noyb

States controlling their own election procedures, for the most part, in national elections. What could possibly go wrong?

I wish the hell our founding fathers had named the body with the authority to enforce 14.3.

Now we're going to see -- actually this might not happen -- legislative battles that end in stalemate over & over, ad nauseum. Unless one party somehow manages to have a large enough majority in both legislative branches to get some meaningful 14.3 legislation passed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

18. rogue49

The only thing we can hope is he's now forced to do a debate.
    And we can see for real and spontaneous, in front of a neutral audience...
    Everything now is staged and in front of biased groups.

AND the news finally puts it as a lead...and narative.

** and this with the post of the clip I put in What's Happening, I guess Obama is still prez. :confused::oops::rolleyes::D:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chris Noyb

I think NPD Trump sees, even through his usually blinding narcissism, debating Biden is a bad idea.

The following can be applied to a debate with Biden.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rogue49

Donald Trump's $92M E. Jean Carroll Bond Raises Questions

Just more corruption coming from whatever Chump does.
    Now, the guy who approved the bond, not only has had political positions with him before...but may get more power, if Chump wins.
    Quid Pro Quo
    I believe that's illegal, correct?? It is if it's done politically. :mad: