1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Turning over the staff

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cynthetiq, May 15, 2014.

1. BabySquirrel's are WAY scarier than mine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

I have thought about it. I really appreciate that some of y'all think it's a good idea.

Right now, I'm in the middle of making some changes, in particular, getting rid of thousands of excess possessions.

This process is going to be very time consuming, and has a deadline: I lose a lot of expensive storage space at the beginning of September.

So the next three months is not a good time to take on a new responsibility, or yet another excuse not to be sorting stuff.

If you ask me in September, I may have a different answer then.

• Like Like x 2
  3. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I'd like to get this done by the end of the month. My June is very booked.

4. tecoyah

tecoyah Illusionary

I just watched a movie which reminded me of someone I worked with here. long ago. Between her and the semi annual messages from the Bot, decided to check in.

Is Mal even here any more?

5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Alas, no. Some of us are in touch with her elsewhere, though.

6. tecoyah

tecoyah Illusionary

If you could....let her know I said hello. TX

• Like Like x 1
  7. pig

pig Slightly Tilted Donor

Ha - decided to check in before Thanksgiving. Funny seeing tec checking in asking about mal. hope y'all have a happy holiday :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. snowy

Thought about you on Sunday when making pizza :p

9. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Just thinking about what I did when I was on staff and having learned a bit of CSS since then, I apologize in advance to anyone who tries to do anything with the stylesheets.
    Also tell her I said hi.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pig

pig Slightly Tilted Donor

Just now saw this snowy - Merry Early Christmas :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

just want to say that the new staff seems to be doing a good job so far, Thanks yall

• Like Like x 6
  12. mhannigan Vertical

I would like to volunteer, but I would need to be paid in advance. Thanks.

13. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Paid? :p

14. I wonder how many of the "oldies" we have lost on here. I saw in the original post that Monkey and a few others are being removed. Do they not post anymore? It's amazing how times have changed.

15. snowy

People get busy with real life. Priorities shift. Those of us on staff aren't any different.

• Like Like x 3
  16. You are correct that priorities do shift. I was merely musing. You are right tho, seems like some are exactly the same as before...some things change, and some things stay the same, don't they?

17. We dont advertise any businesses here. If you want to expand your knowledge then the best way would be to delve into discussions. There's no taboos here..as long as its legal.

18. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Is that your business in your avatar?

Is having what appears to be a website logo in your avatar considered advertising a business?