1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Two and a Half Men: Charlie Sheen is Killed off by Team CoCo

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Python

Python Getting Tilted

I saw the first two episodes of the new season yesterday, and while it had some entertaining moments; it seems Jon Cryer has taken over the show, and Ashton is more of a sidekick.

2. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Haven't watched since the second episode. I don't see this lasting more than two seasons tops still.

3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

This year and it's done. Unless of course due to contracts it's worth more to keep producing it somehow. It's not funny, it's not even cute. I had hoped they could pull it off... they're not getting any wood on the ball at all in my opinion.

4. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

I say two years only because the producer will try to force the issue just to prove he's justified in the Sheen saga.

5. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Yeah, that could happen too. Either way, without major changes, it's dying and it's dying because it's not funny.

6. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

The first three episodes that I've seen have gotten a few laugh-out-loud's from me, but y'all are correct, they weren't that funny overall, and it does seem like a Cryer vehicle, now.

I liked this show a lot better when Jake was a smart aleck, not a dumb-ass, and another place it went downhill, was when they were showing Charlie the character's problems parallel with Charlie the person's problems.

It got to be where you didn't want to root for anybody. They all were losers.

I hope it works out. I like all of the actors, just not a lot of the writing.

7. pan6467

pan6467 a triangle in a circular world.

Is that the pre Alan Alda takeover of M*A*S*H, where every episode had to have some deep meaning and they beat you over the head with it and if there was humor all the better but the humor happened by accident or the McLean Stevenson/Wayne Rogers/Gary Burghoff M*A*S*H where each episode was just downright funny and the message may have been there but they didn't cram it down your throat and they wrote for the laughs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

Actually it's more like Alan Alda quitting M*A*S*H* and the show trying to carry on with Trapper John as the star after 8 seasons.

9. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Yeah, that's a better analogy.

10. pan6467

pan6467 a triangle in a circular world.

M*A*S*H actually may have been funnier had that happened. Maybe McClean Stevenson would have stayed, Gary Burghoff, Frank Burns and so on. There was a lot of tension in those early days of M*A*S*H with people fighting for lines and what-not. I know Alda and Burghoff hated each other. Rogers wanted to keep it "light". I always said had Alda just left the show would have been far better and funnier. May not have lasted as long or been as "revered" but the show was like Woody Allen's career. Very hysterical early on but over time had to have an issue to beat you to death with and if there was humor ... so be it. The humor was almost an accident.

11. cj2112

cj2112 Slightly Tilted

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch a new episode