1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Two-Handed Great Sword!

Discussion in 'Found on the Net' started by Baraka_Guru, May 10, 2012.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Don't try this at home! These guys are highly trained warriors.

2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Very cool. That looks ideal for home defense........or not. About as ideal as a Desert Eagle with hollow point rounds.
    I would consider buying something like that if I had the money and a good place to store it just because.
    reminds me of Highlander

3. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

"Keep it by your door and you'll be a force to be reckoned with."
    lol
    Only if you have the room to swing it. I'd be taking out chunks of wall board if I swung that thing anywhere inside the house.

Cutting that trash barrel full of water was impressive though.

Swords of Might | Real Samurai Swords | Battle Ready Swords

For all your sharpened edge weapon needs :p

4. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

That was always my sword of choice in D&D.

My sword of choice in life, is the katana.

5. Punk.of.Ages

Punk.of.Ages Getting Tilted

Nothing to make you feel awesome quite like pummeling six pounds of sword through a dead pigs face to the sounds of cheesy rock n' roll riffs...

"I love that ching!"

6. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Yeah, Cold Steel is serious about their swords. The test video for their katana is pretty ridiculous.

I'm a fan of their Chinese war sword, myself. That thing is like a two-handed meat cleaver.

7. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

Weirdly, there are probably people watching that, saying "Yeah, that's exactly what I need for the melee we have planned for the weekend". Just don't bring a sword to a gunfight ;)

8. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Certainly not. There is a special kind of retard that devotes their time to learning ancient weapons for the purpose of using them to defend their home.

*that Raiders of the Lost Ark marketplace chase scene*

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  9. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

There haven't been a lot of visigoths, Mongolian horsemen or Vikings passed the house lately. I'm just not seeing the need (though carving the roast would be mighty impressive).

10. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

I have a one and a half hand bastard sword, myself. I sleep with it next to my bed, and I do have defense in mind. Most burglars in our area are not heavily armed (i.e, they usually don't carry guns, according to police statistics); and besides, I think anyone is likely to freeze up a bit if a big naked hairy Jew wielding a claymore and screaming a Hebrew battle cry comes flying at them out of the dark....

11. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I've seen pictures of you, brother. You don't need the sword. The beard and a good war cry would be enough.

12. inBOIL New Member

I don't know about you guys, but the way that guy popped the balloon really made me question my manhood. And to think all these years I've been using pins like some kind of pussy.

13. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

The fat guy, while certainly representing the target market, is a terrible person to choose for demonstrations (though he's madly entertaining as I keep thinking he's going to keel over clutching his chest after every strike).

14. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

All I kept thinking throughout the video was, "Wow, these guys really like chopping meat."

15. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I hope they didn't let that beautiful meat go to waste. Brush off the dirt and grill 'er up.

16. Baraka_Guru

I hope they were given proper burials.

17. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I would prefer a katana. There was one shot in the video where he was cutting through the board but only made it halfway and I thought: a katana could've done that and gone all the way through, easy.

18. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Gushing Asian weapons fangirldom aside (*ahem* Snowy *ahem*), check out this ridiculousness: ZombieTools.net

You want a two-handed zombie sword? These bearded weirdos make them. AMERICA!!!

19. Baraka_Guru

20. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

You know it goes with my ninja obsession.