1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Two-Handed Great Sword!

Discussion in 'Found on the Net' started by Baraka_Guru, May 10, 2012.

1. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

A katana is both a thrusting and a cutting sword.

2. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

As an ornamental item I think they are fine. I think (at least under UK law) you would struggle to make an argument that was any circumstance when it was used in self defence.

Obviously its different in the US, where the fact someone breaks into your house basically gives you license to kill them.

Ive never owned a sword, but I did use to have a big machete knife for cutting down things in the garden (and cos it looked kind of cool)
    --- merged: May 12, 2012 9:02 AM ---
    I had a look at this, and went to "medieval swords". The top item was a "Roman dagger", next to a "Roman Centurion sword"... and that kind of offends me.

(plus no Centurion would have had someone with fancy carving all over it like that....)
    --- merged: May 12, 2012 9:05 AM ---
    Sorry... forget I complained about the Roman thing.

They also have "King Solomon's sword" in the medieval section. I mean the Roman thing is kind of at least excusable at its only one "age" before, but who on earth could think that King Solomon was alive in the medieval Europe???

The items look quite nice, but you cant set yourself up to sell decent historical replica items and display such a contempt for chronology.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
  3. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

This makes me want to save up my pennies for one of them sweet machetes.
    --- merged: May 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM ---
    I'm a country boy, but I want the Urban Bone Machete...

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
  4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Knife legislation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This thread makes me want to walk around downtown Toronto with one of these great swords strapped to my back like it ain't no thang.

/Baraka, son of Baratha, of the Dúnedain

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  5. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Your first test is to make a weapon out of an old lawnmower blade, an electric grinder and some scraps of leather.

6. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Yes, Sensei. *bows deeply and scurries off*

7. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

Holy shit. 3:00. Meat-filled boots.

These dudes are totally what barbarians would look like if they somehow made it into the modern era. In fact, I bet these dudes are fucking barbarians that someone from some hellish, post-apocalyptic future brought into the future to sell us great swords. To save us. Because the only real weakness of the Mayan gods who are due in seven months is going to come in the form of shiny, meat-streaked great swords.

8. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I know, right? I can't wait to dismember Mayan cowboys. Wait, don't Mayans wear feathered headdresses and loincloths?

Even easier.​

It never ceases to amaze me how many fierce portly middle-aged chaps with male pattern baldness are involved in the weapons industry.

The old paper mache stronghold test videos are super campy and the men involved with Cold Steel products are equally laughable.

That said, I really doubt anybody here would want to be on the business end of one of their products. Pretty solid stuff.

I can speak to the quality of their realistic-use knives. Both the fixed blades and folders are top notch for price.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  9. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

But can you hack through a pig's skull with 'em?

10. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Pfft! Only if I use this to pound it through. *Double "Gun Show" Flex*

I'm really disappointed at their failure to use actual human body parts.

Imagine a young Bodkin as a tester. Ginger w/ septum piercing? Money.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  11. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

He didn't ask to be Macgyver.