1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

uncle phil made me go "Hmmm.."

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Fremen, Aug 9, 2011.

1. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Fast food, definitely. Factory-farm raised meat as well. So many hormones and antibiotics. Blech.

2. ManPaste

ManPaste New Member

It means you will no doubt have health ailments, unwanted conditions, poor quality of life, and ultimately acquire a disease and death such as cancer, heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer's, etc. Over 53% of all Americans were chronically ill as of 2005. In 1905, less than 5% of all Americans were chronically ill. That doesn't happen for no reason. Hydrogenated oils, vegetable oils, sugar, processed food, meat from grain-fed animals, illegal drugs, tobacco, prescription medications, antibiotics, chemicals in cosmetics and toiletries, high carbohydrate intakes, de-mineralization of our soil, pesticides, aluminum and Teflon pots and pans, genetic modification, synthetic vitamins, sunblock, poluted air, fluoridated water, etc. has all caused this. But most people don't care. They're what the elites nickname the "Morlocks" because they believe there are two species of human. It's amazing, my friend's mother asks me what supplements can help allow her to keep smoking rather than what can help fix the damage after stopping. Pathetic and hopeless. But oh well, if they want to die and live like that, that's their choice. Just hope they don't breed and/or take my tax money and the world's scarce resources down with them (which, sadly, seems to be happening). You can always turn things around though, it's never too late. My arm pits itch.

3. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

You're a font of good news, MP. :p

4. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

The average life expectancy in 1905 was 47, and 14% of people had a bathtub in their homes. I'm sure that in a lot of ways we could be healthier, but to say that you will no doubt have poor quality of life is a bit of a stretch. I partake of almost all the unhealthy things listed above, and I have an outstanding quality of life. Now, might I end up dying of cancer or chronic illness? Possibly. Maybe even probably. But I'm enjoying the hell out of life until then.

5. ManPaste

ManPaste New Member

I'm not seeing your point, but I feel that has little, if not nothing, to do with what we're talking about,

Not true. A lot of ailments, from depression to ADD, from psoriasis to hair loss, from fibromyalgia to inflammation, from pale skin to crooked teeth are a part of poor quality of life, whether you know it (or can determine it upon knowing of it) or not. Some things are happening in your body whether you know about them now or not. So although you might think you have a good quality of life at the time, you most likely don't, or you might not be factoring in even "small things" like hair loss, etc. It's a bit like a car with a nail in its tire and low oil being declared a good car for a 50,000 mile journey by a car salesman who just wants it the fuck off of his lot and doesn't care about what happens to it or the buyer.

As explained above, as far as you know, you do. But you have limited knowledge about things going on inside you, toxic responses, lack of good nutrition, you body's signs and pleas for help, etc. and aren't really qualified to assess yourself that way, and even if you were it sounds like you would ignore it anyway out of laziness or some kind of fucked up pride and oppositional defiance (like most people do). You might also not be factoring in small things like indigestion, hair loss, or other "petty" things that are signs your body gives off as well, as I said earlier. You go to a doctor and he tells you that you have high cholesterol and prescribes you toxic medications that you have to take for the rest of your life that just masks the symptoms and doesn't solve the problem (as is the solution for everything with US doctors) but you as well as the doctor don't realize that cholesterol is good for you and is merely telling you something is wrong with your body by being at an elevated level. So you've essentially ripped the odometer out of your car, believing that it's going to reset all the miles your car has driven in the past and the future. That's just one more example of not knowing something's wrong. Even if I was wrong and you really were healthy while doing all those bad things, you could still be doing small things that help your health unknowingly, thus putting off all the signs. Like my friend's father who's been smoking a pack a day for 40 years now, but you will practically never see him not getting unblocked sunlight, or eating without an orange, grapefruit, grapes, mangoes, cherries, blueberries, etc. vs. the average person who not only smokes but also eats cakes, Oreos, fried chicken, McDonald's, etc.

You could just take care of yourself and have the same enjoyment of life for three or four times longer that you would be by being lazy and willfully ignorant, but you have that right, I suppose. I don't see what more joy in life a person could have by eating grain-fed processed meat vs. eating grass-fed organic meat, but if you can make that determination for yourself and make a decision to die sooner off of it, as well as be proud of dying sooner for some weird reason, all the more power to you. Unless you're hinting at things like smoking and drugs and what not which are all stupid and pointless, but another field in themselves.

Thank you. My arm pits really do itch though; I wasn't kidding about that.

6. Spiritsoar

Apparently you and I have different concepts of quality of life. I'm relatively healthy, and happy with my life in general. Sure, I could be a health nut, and monitor religiously everything that comes in contact with my body. Calling my lazy and willfully ignorant because I care more about enjoying life than microanalyzing every detail of it? Fuck off with that bullshit. My 'fucked up pride and oppositional defiance'? Apparently you're qualified to judge my psychology as well as my level of overall health from a couple of posts on a message board.

7. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

i've heard that number is very skewed due more to high infant and childhood mortality rates then poor food choices.

8. Spiritsoar

Probably. My point was that we've increased in all sorts of things since then, including medicine, quality of living conditions, medicine, etc. Some of which probably help to reduce infant and childhood mortality rate. I hate to think of all the bad things in our environment as a side-effect of progress, but I don't know if we could maintain our current population in the conditions that we have right now without some of them.

9. ManPaste

ManPaste New Member

Most of the bad things in our environment are implemented by those who want the world and population to go in their direction and favor. That said, their focus is on population reduction at this point. With the overpopulation of the world, the dwindling resources, climate change, etc. do you think they're going to want to allow the population to continue growing? Hint: Africa's population is set to hit two billion people in the coming years and Gates and others providing vaccinations for everyone there don't intend to increase the life expectancy and breeding ability.

Woah, woah. You misunderstand me completely. I didn't mean to come off as insulting. I largely had "the masses" on my mind in that post, not you, and I was also typing in a hurry. Any type of angry-sounding writing or things you're referencing that I said were directed largely at the average people. Live however you want but remember that it can and will cost. I harbor no ill will towards you and sorry if I sounded like I did.

10. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

very true

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spiritsoar

My apologies for the snappy response as well.
    So who are those who want the world and population to decrease? I don't mean to sound skeptical, but I can't think of a group that has the sort of coordination to pull off a systematic population reduction covertly.
    --- merged: Aug 13, 2011 at 1:43 AM ---
    On a side-note, is there some hidden way to edit posts, or is that disabled? It bothers me that I put medicine twice in my list up there.

12. ManPaste

ManPaste New Member

Lots of groups all have their own interests and agendas and most differentiate from each other and often conflict majorly, but one common goal every such group has, and all work together for, is that the world needs to be depopulated and a sustainable population needs to be reached. Committee of 300, Council on Foreign Relations (although they are more enforcers that enforce policy), Bilderberg, Club of Rome, Bohemian Club, Gates Foundation, rich family dynasties, and many other groups. Some propose a dramatic decrease and believe only 300,000 people should be allowed to populate the earth (but they are generally the extremists like Bertrand Russel). Others find that the world only needs to be reduced realistically by about two-three billion currently. There are essentially seven major factions of belief on depopulation within the groups. I can't disclose any but two, and they are (1) those who believe we should poison the food supply, environment, and other things (already done) and not make it well-known or "officially substantiated by research" to anyone but themselves that such things are really poisoned (while convincing the masses either through evasion or "contrary medical research" that the poison isn't really poison). And (2) the same people as 1, but with the belief that we should make it known through public skepticism and awareness (such as GMO knowledge and emphasizing highlights of Monsanto's true side, etc.) that the food and environment is poisoned, and allow people a choice. The people in number 2 also believe that we should allow the poison to exist, but also provide other options (organic, chemical-free products, proper supplementation, etc.) widely to those who know and care, but for a slightly more expensive price (which is part of why organic and living healthy costs more) in order to set a proper balance. That way, the stupid people kill themselves, and the smart people live on (although most of the time the smart people are a threat to the groups). That's why you see all the poor ignorant and stupid drug-addicted people with TV dinners, soda, candy, and shit like Chef Boyardee, etc. filling their Wal Mart shopping carts. I am in group number 2. Most people within the organizations (who aren't greedy and without morals) are softer and are in their own different category, but they are wrong because people and the masses are mostly stupid and careless and will never listen or understand anyway, no matter what.

But it's getting to the point where we're starting to abandon the idea of saving and planning for the earth and instead we are considering living on other planets (the moon, mostly) especially since we own Mars and the moon's mineral rights through three of our friends and in the next few years we will be traveling to planets through services like Virgin Galactic, etc. We've always believed that humanity on the earth is comprised of two categories of people, and the stupid and detrimental category are uncontrollably overwhelming the earth even with our efforts to stop it, so it's more of a "fuck these people, let's just start over on another planet since we're the only ones that can afford to move to them" kind of deal. When you have all the money, influence, power, and think-tanks in the world, all of this is easily coordinated. Especially when you have so many similar powerful and interconnected groups with the same purpose and ideologies. How exactly it's all coordinated and implemented (although even if you knew, you couldn't do anything) isn't for discussion, but it's really quite simple. With all that said, I can't say or comment more on any subjects I've discussed in this thread because I've said all that can be said. And the reason you can't edit posts is because you're only allowed about five minutes editing time after you post, then it becomes permanent (the administrator of the board could change this though).

13. Fremen

I've never felt like a loser for eating t.v. dinners, candy, sodas, and Chef Boyardee dinners, until now.
    Thank you, ManPaste, for putting me in my niche.

14. Frosstbyte

Frosstbyte Winter is coming

My vote is for high fructose corn syrup for sure. That shit is the devil.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jewels

jewels New Member

High fructose corn syrup, or any product containing hfcs.
    While fish gets most of the bad press regarding mercury, other food products also contain mercury. In early 2009, Environmental Health Journal reported on a study conducted by a team led by Renee Dufault that found high fructose corn syrup had high levels of mercury. Many mass-marketed food products contain high fructose corn syrup due the prevalence of corn production in America and the government's corn subsidy. Popular products sweetened with high fructose corn syrup include most sodas, ketchup and even bread.
    In the Dufault study, samples revealed 0.57 micrograms of mercury per gram of high fructose corn syrup. When you consider the large quantities of high fructose corn syrup that most American ingest, many people's mercury consumption exceeds EPA or U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommendations. To find products free of high fructose corn syrup, read all the ingredients in food products. The earlier in the list you find high fructose corn syrup, the more of it that's in the product
    gAeE5u

16. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

most fish also has a substance called selenium which chelates mercury. i'd say the threat of mercury is higher in hfcs.

17. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

Refined sugars and High Fructose corn syrup are 2 things that I really really try to avoid. The amount of sodium that is placed in to ingredients these days is also something that I find a bit alarming. From a taste standpoint, there's only so much you can do when the things you are eating are not fresh.

18. Fremen

Thanks for the new word. Never heard of it before. :)

19. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

For anyone who wants to reduce their mercury intake in seafood, I highly recommend this: http://www.edf.org/page.cfm?tagID=1540

Not all fish are equal in this regard. Not even close. I doubt, for example, that the selenium content in swordfish is going to come anywhere close to negating its mercury level.

This site recommends women and children not eating it at all, and that men should only eat it once a month at most.