1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Uncle Phil's Video of the Day (courtesy of Derwood)

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Derwood, Aug 7, 2011.

1. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

On July 29, 1959, the Isley Brothers recorded "Shout..."

2. uncle phil

On July 30, 1933, Edd "Kookie" Byrnes was born...

3. uncle phil

On July 31, 1976, Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear The Reaper" was released...

4. uncle phil

On August 1, 1981, MTV made its debut at 12:01am. The first video to be shown was "Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Buggles...

5. uncle phil

On August 2, 1962, Robert Zimmerman legally changed his name to Bob Dylan...

6. uncle phil

On August 4, 1958, Billboard Magazine introduced its "Hot 100" chart, which was part popularity and a barometer of the movement of potential hits. The first number one song was Ricky Nelson's "Poor Little Fool..."