1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATED 1/11/2013: Donations in Uncle Phil's memory

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by the_jazz, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I agree with splitting the money. Don't see how anybody can disagree with following the wishes of the person the money is being donated in honor for.

Borla , unless you're looking for a more recent update on the totals, cynthetiq mentioned the morning's current amount 5 posts up. :) EDIT: Ah, Jazz cleared it up already.

• Like Like x 1
  2. My opinion in this matter counts as much as that of Borla and as much as I hate admitting it, I agree with the_jazz . I don't like admitting when he's right....

When I think Uncle Phil, I think golf...and ummm..other things, but giving to a golf team sounds more appropriate. Also, I am a fan of Hospice. At both of my parents' funerals we asked for donations to Hospice instead of flowers and many people donated. I have no problem giving what little I have to these organizations.

Whatever Phil wanted....

• Like Like x 3
  3. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I say go with Phil and Marilyn's wishes. My fondest memory of Phil was the round of golf we played in Rochester.

• Like Like x 6
  4. shanifaye

shanifaye Dominissive

so..how are we doing on donations?

5. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

They've slowed down a bit, but we're closing in on about $650 based on the math in my head. Cyn has the exact number.

• Like Like x 2
  6. shanifaye

shanifaye Dominissive

thats not too shabby!!!

7. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

That's a reasonably good number.

8. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

We've net about $700. I'd like to try to hit $1,000 which is what the goal on the forum home page is set to.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Arachnid

Arachnid New Member

just kicked in abit .....

great cause

cheers

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Bump.

I finally got around to this. Sorry it took so long. First my system wouldn't seem to do anything then I just plain lost sight of this, maybe I didn't want think about it anymore? Anyway I threw my nickle in the hat today and bumped this for others to see it again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

My opinion is that the money should be donated according to the wishes of the person it is donated in memory of.

I donated a bit and will a bit more after pay day. He was a good man.

• Like Like x 2
  12. analog

analog New Member

Here to pay my respects...

Rest in peace, Phil... I'm saddened to hear of this, and your fight with cancer, after the fact... but you were always a good person, and a good friend to me. I hope the years in between our last talk were kind to you... you are gone, but this community and these people (perhaps those not even here anymore) will never forget you.

- analog.

• Like Like x 6
  13. cynthetiq

I've got hat in hand at the moment looking to remind everyone that donations to Phil's Fuck Cancer will end on midnight Jan 1, 2013. You'll see the request at the top of the forum, if you can please help us raise $1,000.

• Like Like x 3
  14. cynthetiq

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

I don't do charity. Ever. (Instead I vote for Democrats.)
    But here I am, In December, just now seeing this, tears in my eyes.
    Yeah. I made an exception.
    Godspeed, Phil.

• Like Like x 5
  16. healer

healer Extra Medium

I can't believe it.

I've been away from the community for a while now and just recently started lurking around again. When mandy told me about it I was immediately saddened. It's weird how attached you get to the idea of someone, even though you've never met. The place won't be the same without him. I'll be talking to mandy about making a donation.

Fuck cancer.
    Cheers, Phil.

• Like Like x 4
  17. mandy

mandy Vertical

We both have. And we both are. I mean yesterday I dont know what made me think i need to come see whats going on... Havent been here in so long :-( only to find this thread.

Healer and I will definitely be making a donation if you guys have not closed it off yet...

RIP Uncle Phil
    Until we meet...

18. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

It's open until the end of the year, mandy. And even after that, we'd probably figure out a way to facilitate something if someone made a donation for him.

• Like Like x 1
  19. kurdtisj

kurdtisj Vertical

Fuck cancer indeed, I don't remember uncle Phil but I will gladly donate to a cause like that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. cynthetiq

We're nearing the end of the year and are just a little below our goal of $1,000. I hope that we can meet this goal.
    --- merged: Dec 26, 2012 2:43 PM ---
    Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013