1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATED 1/11/2013: Donations in Uncle Phil's memory

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by the_jazz, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

How much has been donated?

2. Smackre

Smackre Vertical

$885.00 out of the $1000 goal.

• Like Like x 1
  3. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

I'm not sure where you got your information, but that's not accurate. It's relatively close, but you're off.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Smackre

Smackre Vertical

I went off the goal thing. In the donor tab. Sorry I figured that was accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. the_jazz

So we're still short, but we're close. I've had a few questions from folks wanting to know exactly how much we're short so they can make up the difference. I'm not going to tell you that since it could put someone in an uncomfortable position.

So, if you haven't donated, now's your chance. If you want to donate again, now's your chance. We'll make it and do something else to remember Phil.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

Whatcha talkin bout @the_ jazz? Uncomfortable position, like on ones back, knees, all fours for the sake of uncle phil?
    You know he would like that for his memory. :D :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. the_jazz

I was thinking more along the lines of in the back of a VW Beetle.

• Like Like x 2
  8. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

UPDATE:
    We've gotten over the goal, which I think is great, no it's not great, it's fucking awesome. I will tabulate the final numbers tonight. I will ask that anyone who wants to still donate, please do, it's not too late to push this up to $1400, which means we'll be able to give the high school golf club much more money.

I will be sending the donations to the 2 different groups that Uncle Phil requested.

I just got off the phone with the athletic department to make sure that I write the check to the correct club name etc. I will complete this hopefully this week, next week at the latest because of transferring money from paypal is 3-5 business days. The person I spoke with was very helpful and let me know she went to school with Phil's sister. I discreetly let her know that I was friends with Phil for about 10 years via online but didn't explain much more than that. I will continue the discretion in that manner for both donations.

The hospice is much easier as they have a donation button that is direct to paypal.

• Like Like x 12
  9. Happy New Year!

Congratulations to everyone who was involved.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  10. shanifaye

shanifaye Dominissive

Awesome news!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. cynthetiq

UPDATE:
    The total is just a little over $1,300, some last minute end of year contributions pushed it over $1,000.

We are within $100 of $1,400. Some of you contacted me asking what the balance was and was willing to try to cover any shortfall of the $1,000 goal. If you are still able to contribute, I ask humbly that you make your donation now.

12. Thank you TFP!

Uncle Phil will be pleased with that im sure.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

I agree. It's sad to lose such a treasure of a human being. But it's heart warming to know that TFP, as a community, came together to honor his memory this way.

• Like Like x 2
  14. the_jazz

OK boys and girls, time to play a game. What would Phil have done with this post? I know. Do you?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
  15. cynthetiq

UPDATE: Holy shit, fucking amazeballs guys.

We've cleared $1500.

• Like Like x 9
  16. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Can you rephrase that in any modern dialect of English that someone here might have a chance of comprehending?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  17. cynthetiq

We've cleared $1,500 in donations towards the Uncle Phil Fuck Cancer drive. Thank you again all who contributed.

Phil's instructions were explicit in requesting that all donations be directed towards two different organizations. First is the hospice that took care of Phil in his last days. The second is the high school golf club.

When the donation goal was $1,000 I was planning on it being split 50/50. Since we were able to get over $1,500 I'm going to split it unevenly because the hospice gets regular donations and contributions. The money going to the club will get used directly with the students in the club so there is a very known direct benefit. I've spoken with the HS and discussed the upcoming donation in Phil's name to make sure that the check goes to the correct group and address.

The first donation to the hospice of $500 will be done on Friday, January 11, 2013. It will go out via Paypal transfer.

The second donation to the golf club of $1,000 will be sent at the latest in the beginning of February because I need to move the funds to my bank account to write a check and Paypal limits bank transfers to $500 month.

• Like Like x 9
  18. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Thanks for spearheading this, cyn. And well done to everyone for donating!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Good job all.

And BTW- fuck cancer and Paypal. Hate both of them.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

Really Awesome!