1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATED 1/11/2013: Donations in Uncle Phil's memory

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by the_jazz, Oct 16, 2012.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

UPDATE

Quick change of plans. If you go to the hospice website you'll see a nice donation button. You go to donate an amount and the service that processes it pops up this little ditty.

I was like, "Hell to the fucking no...way bitch, you ain't gonna get none of that Uncle Phil. I'll cut you!"

After I calmed down a bit, I picked up the phone and called the hospice directly. I spoke with a lovely man who told me all about the issues of the 5% vig and how he just is resigned to it being an operating cost. I said, "No, you are confused, I want to make sure that you get 100% of the money I want to donate, not a single bit less."

His voice lit up and we talked a bit about the logistics of getting it done and the how the rest of the process would work. Needless to say, I'll be sending a physical check to them as well.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Uncle Phil would have smacked you with that golf club of his from up there if you paid any of that 5%.

Glad you found a way Cyn

• Like Like x 3
  3. shanifaye

shanifaye Dominissive

Awesome news!!!

4. Taliesin

Taliesin Slightly Tilted

Oh no!
    I have only just rejoined the TFP after about 8 years away.
    I am only just getting reacquainted with the current active members.
    Seeing "uncle phil's Posting Games" on the forum main menu, i was looking forward to interaction with an old school fun member.
    I am now truly heartbroken to discover this thread.
    I will of course donate in my next pay period.
    My donation can be used for the TFP or to whatever cancer foundation the family has decided. (i've only read the first post)
    I send my most positive vibrations towards Uncle Phils friends and family.
    Did not see this coming when i logged in tonight...

5. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

Taliesin ... Your generous donation is greatly appreciated!!