1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Upload a photo from your phone

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by cynthetiq, Aug 2, 2011.

1. omega

omega Very Tilted

So right that you felt compelled to post it twice?

2. [​IMG]

Right effin' now.

• Like Like x 4
  3. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

uploadfromtaptalk1446321649463.jpg

I am ready for trick or treaters.

• Like Like x 2
  4. [​IMG]
    Look who I found! Grumpyolddude and Mixed on the town!

• Like Like x 7
  5. AuntBee

AuntBee Vertical

I'm new to the forum but this is a really great idea to post from your phone's experiences. I'm running on a backup old HTC right now as I drowned my HTC 9, set it out to dry in Dad's shop and somebody stole it. Anyway my backup won't Mount the SD card but I'll be back in the game soon as my contract has expired. I'll be posting up soon enough, until then I'm digging around in your past.
    --- merged: Nov 11, 2015 at 11:54 PM ---
    This is badass Omega! I'll be making a MAPP gas forge soon. A good friend works in a steel mill and brought me a nozzle of some sort that looks like a giant bullet. There's nothing wrong with it but as they make high grade steel if it doesn't pass the xray it doesn't get put back into production. It's about 18" tall and about 9" at it's fullest girth. It's fully refractory filled but has an ID of about 1 3/4 inches. Has a steel lining just like a pipe was shoved in there but that's from the pour. He also brought me about 5 lbs of a liquid refractory cement that they use between the bricks in the ladle. This ladle is about as big as my house. I think this nozzle came from a blow off valve or somesuch. Anyway it's ID is really limiting to what I can produce but obviously very efficient.

I'd love to be able to get this pipe-like plug out of the nozzle but don't see any way how to do that. It's clean steel. I mean think about a giant hollow point rifle round with a pipe shoved down in the center. The outer shell is some kind of serious steel, milled with refractory material in the middle. The refractory is not brittle. Just can't figure out how to get the "pipe" out of the middle.

This may be one of those things you just want to do so badly because of the given materials and then end up scrapping it in favor of something simpler. I can get all the refractory goop I need and burn out a mold out of whatever. It's just such a beautiful forge base that I keep wanting to go back to it.

On this forum how do we break out from these specific threads into things more oriented to the topic? New here.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  6. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447306176.527778.jpg
    Neil Gaiman birthday surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

It's Neil and Amanda's world. We just live in it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

My current view.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

My neighbor has a big dog like yours. He barks at us and tries to break down the fence whenever we run by, making huge jumps at the fence that often make the wood crack. I admit, I have never been afraid of dogs until now. Mama bear instinct, I think. Any tips for getting that dog to not scare the crap out of me and my girls?

10. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I hate to say it, but if the dog is that out of control, a little fear is healthy. I mean, 9x out of 10 a dog like that is all bark and no bite, and wouldn't know what to do even if it did get out. Usually a confident stance and stern words telling a dog to sit or stay will either stop it or confuse it enough that it won't be a danger. But some dogs are out of control and shouldn't be trusted. :(. Not meaning that to scare you, just saying to continue to be wary of it.

Stanley is literally considered 'giant' in dog terms (130-135lbs), but he never acts like you describe. Our neighbors' 4 yr old girl can walk to our fence and he'll merely wander over and try to convince her to reach through and scratch his ears. Our other neighbor has several kids and all he wants is to get their attention so they'll come over and pet him. I've walked him through the neighborhood several times as the school busses are making their rounds and all you hear are the neighborhood kids screaming "STANLEY!!' as they pass by. We have worked very hard to train him that he is never to bark, growl, or jump on kids, and he's awfully good at being gentle with them. His specific breed was created to catch and hold poachers, so he has a very strong instinct to chase and tackle people who turn their back and run from him. So occasionally he'll be playing with kids, one turns and runs, and he'll give chase and knock them over (never biting or harming them beyond a tumble to the ground), but even then that's a behavior that is rare and work to combat.

Honestly, I feel confident that I could hand your older daughter his leash and she could walk him wherever her little heart desired and he'd follow. I've let little 3-4 year old kids 'walk' him on the leash and he knows he is not to pull away. He's a sweetheart. :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. genuinemommy

What a sweetheart! No wonder why we all love Stanley so much. He's a good guy inside, togo along with his handsome appearance.

We'll continue to keep our distance from this neighbor's big dog.

• Like Like x 1
  12. uploadfromtaptalk1456636733891.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. genuinemommy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

That'd be The Who, right?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seriously... you had to ask?

Roger and Pete on stage in Detroit on Saturday Night. Roger was in great voice after his recovery from meningitis this past fall. In their first show of this tour, after about 90 minutes of rockin' their asses off, the fatigue was evident on Roger's face. Still, they blasted through Baba O'Reilly and Won't Get Fooled again to close the show.

Pete was in a great mood and obviously have a lot of fun... more so than any other time I've seen the band, which is many, many times. He shared several stories of the band's experiences in Detroit, dating back to 1967 at Southfield High School, and was at his witty best. The energy with which he played was astounding for a Septuagenarian, more than the entire opening act put together.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I couldn't see it well on my phone, ha ha. It would have taken four bars for me to identify by sound. Forgive my aging eyes, sir :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

You can't hide
    your aging eyes

So it's an Eagles song.......sue me :D.

18. Granted, it is potato-quality cell phone pic in non-optimal lighting conditions. Also, it was wrong of me to just assume that Daltry and Townsend are so iconic that they would be immediately recognized. I probably wouldn't recognize most performers popular during the past 25+ years, myself. To paraphrase Baba O'Riley (correct spelling, this time!): You don't need to be forgiven!

19. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

"...correct spelling..."

Many people think the song title is Teenage Wasteland.

• Like Like x 1
  20. True, it's one of those rare hit songs that never reference the title in the lyric.

But, the spelling in my original post betrays my immersion into the auto parts business.... too deep:( Ol' Grump needs to take more breaks.