1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Recipe Vegetarian Recipes

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by genuinemommy, Aug 23, 2021.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

What vegetarian recipes do you like?
    Are there any specific blogs that you reliably depend on for good recipes?
    I'm a lacto ovo vegetarian so I eat dairy and eggs along with my veggies.

I'll share some recipes here.
    I am trying to put together a new notebook.

Kidney bean spread. Just kidney beans, mayo, and ketchup, mashed up a bit. Maybe mix in some dill relish. It's delicious on toast.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dayja New Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. genuinemommy

That's great advice, never thought of adding beans to guac!
    That salad looks delicious.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 25, 2021, Original Post Date: Aug 24, 2021 ---
    Here's a food blog that I love.
    I appreciate how she put together a grocery list to go along with this series of recipes. It makes it much easier for planning.
    Must-Have Vegan Camping Meals + Meal Prep List
    I know a lot of food bloggers have started doing the grocery list thing but it seems like a whole different level to have a handful of recipes that go with that one little list.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 11, 2021 ---
    Quick Veggie Chili
    1 can pinto beans in chili sauce
    1 package vegetarian meatballs
    1 small yellow onion, diced
    1 can tomato sauce
    Seasoning to taste (cayenne pepper, cumin, garlic powder, salt, oregano, basil)

Toss beans and meatballs into a stock pot. Heat. Mash the veggie meatballs. Dice onion and tomato sauce. Mix and heat, season to taste. Serve.

We had ours on top of a baguette with sharp cheddar cheese and broccoli microgreens.
    Great picnic food.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I need to get more creative with some recipes and start cooking more at home. But, while I eat mostly vegetarian, I don't like a lot of vegetables, which makes it hard.

I also need to use my grill more, and finding vegetarian foods to grill (or griddle) isn't always easy.

• Like Like x 2
  5. genuinemommy

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1