1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice
  1. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

vignettes... i'm not quite sure how to pronounce that but they're basically one-scene stories. i like to think they're longer than poems but hey it's literature, the more sophisticated you get, the less fucks people give about the rules.

I'll start:

Happenstance​

“Ah, to be young again,” thought the 30-something man as he shook the snow from his pea coat, dog-like, in the coffee shop’s entrance. His exhausted footfalls left spots of melting slush as they made a *clip**clip* noise towards the counter, only to be subdued by the loud conversation of some high school outcasts discussing exactly what it was to “get to third base.” Immediately, an awe-stricken, acne-ridden teenager behind the counter broke into a smile with a “16oz. black as usual, sir?” The man merely glanced and nodded to the adolescent, then turned to scan the rest of the shop.
    “Juan?”
    His eyes jerked to the origin of his summons while his heart skipped a beat at the voice he hadn’t heard in years.
    “Oh my god it really is you! How’ve you been?”
    He was still amazed with how much detail he remembered of her 5’3” coke-bottle frame which had since changed contours. It had been something like 8 years since Peggy broke up with him and almost as much since they lost contact. A 16oz cup of coffee, reminiscences of good times past, and a long overdue goodbye hug, and then he was back outside, starting his car to go back to a silent apartment to finally do the dishes. She returned from her business trip the next day.

haha guess where the inspiration for this one came from? (i know its shitty but ALL criticism is welcome)