1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Vintage Ads

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Speed_Gibson, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

From the April 2, 1955 broadcast of Gunsmoke an advertisement for L&M Cigarettes
    1.21 MB/3:11
    "Miracle tip, much more flavor"

nice avatar Streak (should note it is a Classic VW in case it changes later)

2. Fly

Fly music is the answer

start droppin' 'em in phil

3. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

From SUNY Buffalo, a veritable treasure trove. To wit:

[​IMG]

Also, did you know that in the good ol' days, they marketed and sold heroin-coated tampons to calm women's hysterics and lead nipple covers to soothe nipples chafed from nursing?

Speaking of which, if/when you're in New Orleans, make it a priority to visit the Pharmacy Museum.

/threadjack

4. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Going with the pharmacy/drugstore theme....
    The Phil Harris & Alice Faye from 10.23.1949 - sponsored by Rexall - this is the show opening and closing.
    1.69 MB/4:47