1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Violent Crime and Self Defense

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Hektore, Feb 18, 2012.

1. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

-+-{Important TFP Staff Message}-+-
    Everyone - and I mean everyone - needs to remember that it's ok to disagree so long as it's done respectfully. This thread has been reported numerous times, and the level of snark is now unacceptable. Dial it down or be ready for a time-out. If you think "oh he doesn't mean me because of reason X" and "reason X" does not equal that you're me, then this applies to you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

Aww jeez, Jazz. We was just havin' a little fun.

3. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

sheesh.
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2012 2:05 AM ---
    And my last comment to ChrisJericho was a flat-out joke complete with a smiley and 'jk.'
    If it offended him I am sorry, but sheesh, who would say something like that and mean it?

4. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

The thread existed prior to your little funny - which was obviously a joke and just as obviously NOT part of the problem I identified.

Let's not pretend that you all don't know what the problem actually is.

5. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I'm not pretending anything, Jazz. I don't know what the problem actually is.

6. crimemastergogo New Member

I concur as I'm 5'7', 120 LB, foreign language speaking (English is not my first language) and was mugged at a Subway station in Newark, NJ.
    That being said, the neighborhood also plays a significant role.

7. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Well, if you don't buy into the fantasy, somehow you are against them... This is not limited to gun folk. A lot of fetishists are like this, including the religious.

I am not against gun ownership, even public carry. Hooray constitution. It does worry me, the folk around here who carry, and fantasize about using their guns. I usually try to steer clear of the anyone I see as dangerous though. When I do, they seem injured personally. ( I guess my judgement of their competency is personal though. Too frickin bad )

I am aware that my personal experience with the gun set here ( central NC ) is probably not reflective of most gun owners. I hope it isn't. These people scare me.

My nephew has a gun for range shooting and he's thinking of getting a concealed carry. If he does he'll be the only gun carrying person here that I would trust to be around.

My father in law has concealed carry. He is constantly pulling it out and swinging it around like he's going to start shooting. He's quite normal in this area. Personally I want to smash his fucking head in.