1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Waffles

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by snowy, May 10, 2015.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Maybe. Maybe not. I can't decide.

I'm definitely a lousy comedian :(. :p

2. girldetective

girldetective Getting Tilted

The best are at Off the Waffle in Portland: Liège waffles are richer, sweeter waffles than the typical Belgian waffle. They were invented by the chef of the prince-bishop of Liège, Belgium in the 18th century as an adaptation of brioche bread dough. Chunks of pearl sugar are folded into the dough. They melt during the rising process and form a crispy, caramelized exterior when baked in our cast iron waffle press. Liège waffles are traditionally enjoyed without maple syrup or butter.

Or, there is the PDX Original Pancake House, which serves not only bacon waffles, but real flapjacks, too!

3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Based on what I've read online, I'd rather keep going to Waffle Window and skip the apparent lengthy wait for waffles at Off the Waffle if I'm looking for Liege waffles in Portland. Off the Waffle's original outpost is in Eugene, and it's been on my radar for a while, but we always end up at the Original Pancake House for Dutch babies.