1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Want to try swinging

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Nikki Leigh, Dec 18, 2012.

1. PatG New Member

Once upon a time widely circulated "Alternative" weekly newspapers used to print classified personal advertisements , including catagory for such things in addition to the more conventional personals. They reached a target audience exponentially larger and more diverse than people who join clubs, or register for swinger websites. Alas in such papers all the personals are gone from the dead tree editions. The sponsered/ linked websites are a far cry not worth mentioning in the same breath.

2. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

Ah I thought thats what you were talking about, and yea I think the last real swinger mag died a few years ago. There are a few "lifestyle" mags out there, but they only publish a few times a year and are more adds for products, parties and resorts.

I don't see how it reached an exponentially larger or more diverse group of people than on the internet. If anything they reached a more focused group, which isn't a bad thing being the internet swinger sites are full of posers, picture collectors, guys who are trying to convince their wife to do it (without her knowing they are on a site), cheating couples (we are married but not to each other) and that sort of thing. If someone took the time and money out to put up a real paper add they were serious about the whole thing.

On the other hand at the resorts the average age is closer to 50.

A lot depends on what site you use, and it can be area dependent. A site like lifestyle lounge in my area, gravitates to the pretty people crowd more. Then you have a site like SLS which is extremely diverse and covers everything from urban blacks to country rednecks, and the odds transexual or two as well.

Parties are "better" for a lot of people since you can meet so many people in a short time, its basically swinger speed dating, compared to meeting a couple 2-2 for drinks. We go both routes and while our party "success" is higher we've met good people the other way too.

I do wonder if there is a bit of generation gap with the internet and older swingers though. While there are some in their 60's and a good number in their 50's, 40's is the key demographic there. That would be the first generation to "grow up" with computers and the internet as a big part of their life.

3. We are in North Houston and my wife and I are considering trying out the lifestyle but cant find a place that really caters to professional and educated mid-range 30's married couples. Does anyone know of a more upscale professional swingers club or group around Houston? Everything we have seen online is not our taste and we have no one we know in the lifestyle we could ask. I'm assuming what we are looking for you cant find online. Can anyone provide any valuable input?

4. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

Ironically the internet has now made it harder to find groups being many are using facebook with swinger profiles and are closed until you are "in". Your best bet is to go to clubs, parties etc, try to find the younger crowd and get in that way.

5. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Valuable input? Not from me. Maybe visit some upscale gentlemens clubs and get to know some of the regulars. Ask around, discretely, at some adult novelty stores. Check some the ads in the freebie papers, such as the Houston Press.

6. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Man, this thread had more Boinkers in it than typical...and kept alive by them.

Boinkers = very new members who spontaneously appear and disappear...usually commenting on threads (and provocatively so...) then not responding.

...like friggin quantum particles. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  7. pWf

pWf Getting Tilted

I notice from your avatar that you have a bondage type theme. You may want to check out fetlife.com and see if that is more of what you are looking for. It has many local links to fin people of similar desires in your area.

8. Marxmann New Member

My girlfriend and I actually have been wanting to try it out... Sounds fun and exciting to mess around with another couple. Trade some info maybe see what's up?!

9. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

This' is discussion site, not a hookup site. Maybe someone will be able to recommend some sites.