1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

War on Christmas

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by redux, Nov 22, 2012.

1. redux

redux Very Tilted

Some of the memorable lines from Sarah Palin's new book on the War on Christmas

"Atheism's track record makes the Spanish Inquisition seem like Disneyland by comparison"

"The result of atheism is.... severe moral decay"

"An angry atheist with a lawyer is one of the most powerful persons in America"

Many on the left see faith and family as oppressive, but the right sees the as indispensable."

For more nuggets, click the ornaments on the Christmas Tree

2. Indigo Kid

Indigo Kid Getting Tilted

Gotta say I wasn't too pleased listening to Christmas music while shopping today on Veterans Day/ OMG, can't it wait a few more weeks at least!!! It's like a nasty brainwashing campaign to make people feel guilty if they haven't started spending too much money on shit No One really needs.
    Just saying'.

3. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

IMO, there should be no Christmas decorations or music or any of that falderal until December 1 at the earliest.

• Like Like x 2
  4. omega

omega Very Tilted

I'm ok with the day after thanksgiving. Not a fan, but I'd like the line drawn there. Now Sam's club (no Costco available) has decorations and toys and such, but I understand that their purchasing is a little different.

5. Charlatan

I am okay with stores stocking whatever they want. Just leave the decorations and music until December.

6. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I'm not a religious person. I have no faith in the existence of a supreme spiritual whatever, or any of the poorly written texts claiming to be the word of such. I have no problem with Christmas.

I sometimes wish that the atheists using Christmas to push their agenda would STFU and go away, and I have the same thought about the religious groups who use Christmas to beat people with their bibles.

Hell, let's be honest, Christmas has evolved into a commercial holiday. How many people really celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday? I'm guessing that giving thanks in prayer before Christmas dinner is as close as many people get.

Christ's birthdate was conveniently changed in an effort to stamp out a pagan holiday/celebration.
    It worked very well.
    And now Christmas is basically a holiday with little religious signifigance for most people.

• Like Like x 2
  7. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

o...it is war on christmas season already? every year it seems to start earlier. i should get out my war on christmas decorations. time to clean out the trailer so i can gather manger scenes that are set up against the law in public places.

it's such a festive time... there's nothing like mulled cider and burning effigies of santa claus really gets a body into the spirit.

i do get a little tired of the war on christmas carols though. they get played in every retail environment that is at war with christmas. it's seems like i've been hearing them since halloween.

i particularly enjoy gathering together with family to catch up, exchange insulting gifts and look fondly on the family war on christmas tree on fuck christmas eve....everything is so pretty, the glowing satan balls, the little stalin lights hung around the fireplace filled with manger scenes to be burned on fuck christmas morning.

gets me every time.

sigh.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I think the War on Christmas is an extension of various other wars ongoing in our devastating times.

Think also of the wars on:
    • The Patriarchy (thanks, feminists!)
    • The Rich (thanks, progressives!)
    • Freedom (thanks, Obamacare!)
    • Creationism (thanks, science!)
    • Christ and the Bible (thanks, atheists!)
    • Marriage and Traditional Family Values (thanks, gays!)
    • America (thanks, taxes!)
    It's hell out there!

• Like Like x 3
  9. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

oh...is it that time of year again?

Actually, my grandmother used to get tired of Xmas a long time before everyone else,
    because she was the manager of a bookstore with tons of doo-dads that people loved.
    So, she always had to go to all the seasonal collections and sales in the summer, so they'd be ahead of the game.

No wonder, she'd be "over it" by the time the holidays came along.

10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Why is anyone still listening to or reading stuff ghost written for Sarah Palin?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Charlatan

There people, some found on this board, who think she is the bestest ever. You betcha.

The mind boggles.

12. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

There's a optometrist here who uses her image to advertise glasses and his services. My guess is he has no idea who she is, saw a photo of her and her somewhat iconic eye glasses and thought "hey, I'll Photoshop her into my ads." I point to one of the ads one day and asked "M" if she knew who she was. "No, why?" When we got home I found an interview of her on Fox News and had her read it. She read it and looked up rather puzzled "So this crazy lady sells eye glasses in your country? I don't get it." I told her I don't get it either and I wish she really were only an eye glass sales person.

13. Chris Noyb

Back in '08 Palin was something of a MILF. I found her attractive in a 'hot teacher or librarian' way (Palin as a teacher or librarian is a laughable thought) as long as she didn't speak. On another forum where I'm active Palin has the guys creaming in their overalls because she's a staunch conservative & an outdoorsperson. I question how much hunting, firewood cutting, etc. she does when cameras aren't around.

14. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Half REO Speedwagon half urban legend probably but I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who knew a sound guy on her reality show. According to the story she couldn't hit the board side of a barn with a scoped 30-06. There's some scene where she's suppose to drop some game animal, after five of six shots someone else shot it and they spliced it in so it looked like she hit it.

No idea if that's true but my kids father-in-law (this guy ever dies of suspicious causes, plan on writing me in prison) has a serious crush on her and all things Palin. He insisted on watching some crap about her. I think it was a documentary of sort or Fox News special. Anyway my Ex came down the stairs of my daughters house as he was commenting on how she "does everything, she's the whole package!" My Ex loudly exclaimed "who is she?" And "No way in hell she keeps doing that with those nails and that hair after the camera shuts off." I think the idiot about stroked out (one can dream) "Who is she!, who is she! She is the most important women in American political history! Jesus H. Christ you women are all just plain stupid." I simply walked out the door and down the street to local pizza joint/bar.

15. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Apparently, it was quite painful to watch the "lifelong hunter" in action: Sarah Palin the TV Star Exposes Sarah Palin the Fake Hunter - The Awl

16. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

In my opinion, Sarah Palin is not a MILF.

• Like Like x 1
  17. redux

redux Very Tilted

One Million Moms, the right wing "pro-family" group, wants a national boycott of K-Mart for this one.

“The title of the current ad is ‘Show Your Joe,’ and Kmart includes sexual content during a Christmas hand bell choir performance,” One Million Moms warns. “The commercial focuses on several men wearing Joe Boxer underwear thrusting in a sexualized way to the tune of Jingle Bells. They start gyrating and shaking themselves instead of the hand bells, intending to make their “bells” ring in song – which is highly inappropriate.”

18. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Won't somebody please think of the children! /shierk

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  19. Chris Noyb

When I first saw that commercial, my initial reaction was Did I just see what I thought I saw?. My wife was also shaking her head.

20. redux

redux Very Tilted