1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

We'll Miss You Spock - RIP Leonard Nimoy

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by redravin, Feb 27, 2015.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

His character was significant in bringing the idea of Logic to the forefront...to the masses.

How many wouldn't have given it a thought, without his portrayal. (and the writer's lines emphasizing the character's essence)
    We are better for it.

----------

...and Wow!
    a few minutes after I just posted the statement above, I found this...
    How Mr. Spock Changed Our Perception Of Science

Very cool, thank you Leonard :cool:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I'd like to bring into the spotlight another mostly unknown fact about Mr. Nimoy- he had a hand in creating one of the most awesome rides at Disney's Epcot center: Body Wars.

The ride is gone now, but I went on it back in 1993 - it is a flight simulator ride where you are shrunk down inside a small capsule and inserted into a human body to observe another shrunken scientist exploring- something goes awry, and you spend several thrilling minutes chasing the scientist through the body's bloodstream to rescue her.

This video hardly does it justice, but picture the entire room spinning and twisting to follow the action onscreen! (starting at the 5:40 mark, anyway) Riding this was a blast; you wanted an adrenaline surge, this delivered.

Of course, I don't think Mr. Nimoy would approve of elevating him on a pedestal, so to balance things out I'm going to get a little irreverent here:
    [​IMG]

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, try this out:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. zoolady

zoolady New Member

He made intelligence (and pointy ears) very sexy!

4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Leonard Nimoy sang much better than do I.

Seriously.

• Like Like x 2
  5. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

better than me too...I also enjoyed his voice in the nature series