1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Borla, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

No. It's

Y'all tawk fuhneee.

• Like Like x 3
  2. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Water. Filtered.

3. Chris Noyb

Diet lemon lime soda, with diet tonic water, and lemon juice.

Just finished a cup of hot tea, spiced chai.

4. oldkid

oldkid Vertical

That's the way I like it too...

5. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Mic Ultra is not bad for about the first 10 minutes. Once it starts to warm, though, it makes my craft beer heart cry a little.

6. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

LaCroix peach pear water.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Franziskaner....Weiss beer..... (nothing else comes close, well, if I'm desperate I'll have a Blue Moon...or maybe even a Shocktop....but any other ...no way.)

8. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Bud light

9. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

One thing I really miss in my back to basics real food low carb, blah-blah-blah eating plan is diet tonic water. I love that tart bitter sweet taste. I now only allow myself club soda and flavored things with no real or artificial sweetener like LaCroix.

10. DAKA

Diet soda is probably the worst thing you can drink .....healthwise...
    I just cant drink plain water, so we have a SODA STREAM, then I add some Cranberry/Apple juice.only about a 1/4 mix

11. Chris Noyb

Worse than sugared soda?

The problem I have with the very lightly flavored sodas and flavored water is they taste like a glass of soda with lots of ice that was left too long and most of the ice melted.

12. DAKA

Worse than sugared soda?

I don't know,........anyone ?

13. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Depends on how you classify "worse"... Chemicals or pure sugar? The carbonation makes me feel weird. Diet soda was once found to increase appetite and cravings in some studies if I remember correctly. I drink zevia if I want a soda. I had a 6 Coke Zero a day habit for a year... The 24oz bottles. I felt like crap.

14. DAKA

I drink soda, Sprite, about once every few weeks when I have a slice of pizza....comes with the slice $3.50...
    OOPS, I lie, also with a hot dog at Costco...about every 3 weeks hot dog...soda....poison
    Holy smokies, that's about 4 sodas a month....not to mention the Pizza and Hot dog.....OMG, I'm gonna'die....
    come to think of it I've been doing that for the last few years and at 81 (next week) I think I won't worry....

• Like Like x 1
  15. ralphie250

Haven't had one of these since I was little. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

Sodas certainly aren't healthy. My thinking is there are many people who "automatically" get a soda with the "meal deals" offered by fast-food restaurants.

I know folks who complain about putting on weight because they pretty much have to eat on the run. I tell them if fast food is what best fits your schedule, try ordering just the burger/sandwich (try grilled chicken instead of breaded & fried, or ground beef, and order the one that contains at least some fresh veggies), skip the soda and fries. It's not the healthiest solution, but it helps if you find yourself frequently hitting the drive-thru.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

When I'm trying to make tracks on the road I stop at McDonalds. I usually go inside which gives me a chance to stretch out and a bathroom break. Mickie D's bathrooms are universally clean.:)

I get a small coffee and a McDouble. Two if I'm hungry. I order the burger w/o ketchup which usually means they don't have one ready, so it takes a few minutes, but I get a freshly made burger.:)

I use half of the bun as a handle and eat the meat, cheese, and pickles, only. 17g protein, 16g fat, only 3g carbs. I don't count calories, but if you do, it's a modest 230 cal.:)

Costs about three bucks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

That's something I forgot to mention. Getting just the sandwich, instead of the meal deal bundle, and a courtesy cup of water saves money as well.

When I worked as a field rep while going to college (paying my own way) I learned a few little tricks to save money when forced to "eat out" Mon-Fri. I was truly sad when Wendy's did away with the $2.99 all-you-can-eat salad bar. I got re-reimbursed for parking, but had to pay for it first. I absolutely hated being sent to the Texas Medical Center because the parking costs would empty my college-student wallet.

19. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Revolution Brewing 1Z ENUFF American Double/Imperial IPA.

20. ralphie250

Cold bud light