1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs
Dismiss Notice
Guest, some new updates and fixes were done. Please let staff know if anything is funky or wonky!!!

What are you listening to...

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Tully Mars, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Solitary Man

Solitary Man Slightly Tilted

2. redux

redux Very Tilted Donor

Steve Winwood is playing at the Warner Theater in DC on May 1. Tickets run from $57 to $395. I'm thinking about the cheap seats.

In the meantime, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck give their take on a standards classic.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017 at 12:34 AM
    Chris Noyb likes this.
  3. Solitary Man

4. redux

redux Very Tilted Donor

Great take on a Leonard Cohen song.

Chris Noyb likes this.
  5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

[​IMG]
    Record Store Day yesterday.
    I picked up The Distillers Coral Fang limited edition and a very cool tribute to John Trudell that I didn't know had come out.
    If you don't know about John Trudell, the spoken word First Nations poet I really recommend you check him out.
    He passed away in 2015 but his work is amazing.

6. Lindy

Lindy Very Tilted Donor

7. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & don't criticize.

Ron Carter is no Charles Mingus.

/:D Joke. Both are brilliant.

Edit--I tried to find a vid showing John Entwhistle improvising a solo during a The Who concert. IIRC they start a song--sorry, I can't remember which one which is probably why I can't find the vid--and Townsend has problems with his guitar. Entwhistle steps in to play the guitar lead on bass.

-----------------------------------

Edit II--I ran across this while digging around on YouTube, Hank Williams The Show He Never Gave. I saw this on cable in the early 1980s and it has stuck with me ever since. This amazing film, originally released on Canadian TV, is a fictional account of his last night alive.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017 at 7:59 AM
    Lindy and redravin like this.
  8. Lindy

Lindy Very Tilted Donor

Equally amazing on a different kind of bass... Matti Laiho, a Finnish Navy Band musician shows amazing tuba agility
    Fireworks start about 2:50... I don't see how he can play this and seem so relaxed. H must have lungs like a racehorse!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsLDe5fYDrs

Chris Noyb likes this.
  9. Solitary Man

10. redux

redux Very Tilted Donor

My second favorite song on the Layla album; Bobby Whitlock, not Clapton, on vocals.

redravin likes this.
  11. Solitary Man