1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to...

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Tully Mars, Aug 23, 2011.

1. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

:cool: Excellent find, right after posting that I actually thought of grabbing my CD or vinyl of Thriller ( I have both, the album art sucks on CDs by comparison to state the obvious) and doing that very same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Speed_Gibson

As promised or threatened (pick your own choice there there) here are three excerpts from the "Chipmunk Rock" album from 1982 when these were much fresher songs. There is no alteration on my part, much as I love to play with the pitch on songs. This is some of what the boys sing after Dave tells them to NOT rock songs and then leaves.
    Bette Davis Eyes
    Jessie's Girl
    Whip it Good
    These are all Ogg-Vorbis, around 1 minute in length, and 1-1.1 MB in size.

And for what I am currently listening to:

I like it very much but still prefer the version sitting on my hard drive with Bing Crosby and what is very likely the John Scott Trotter Orchestra.

4. Fly

Fly music is the answer

myself..........sorry

5. Speed_Gibson

Falco - Rock Me Amadeus...which is followed by L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole

• Like Like x 1
  6. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fly

Fly music is the answer

fuckin' love Ryan Adams

8. Speed_Gibson

I still prefer hearing the recordings with Jake Hess as the lead for the Statesman but this is superb in its right.

9. Fly

Fly music is the answer

10. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Revenge from Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse's album Dark Night Of The Soul. This track features Wayne Coyne of The Flaming Lips.

11. Speed_Gibson

That reminded me of this....

12. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Hey Speed, I haven't heard that song in a while. They made one of my favourite (recently produced) Christmas songs:

13. Fly

Fly music is the answer

• Like Like x 1
  14. Speed_Gibson

Watching videos of the Cathedrals on youtube - George Younce is one of my favourite bass singers and the whole group always sounds superb.

15. Speed_Gibson

Listening to what is by far the part of that Twilight film - the score. My wife downloaded it on iTunes and it is not bad at all. Key word is "score" not the suckass "soundtrack" that gets worse with each film.

16. Fly

Fly music is the answer

17. Jay

Jay Vertical

18. Fly

Fly music is the answer

19. Kajagoogoo New Member

Someone commented on my username when I rejoined today & so I've been listening to this:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Eddie Getting Tilted

• Like Like x 1