1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Please read the line below:

TFP 2016 Updated!

What books are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by sapiens, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Yerba

Yerba Vertical

None, currently. Makes me sad.

Very seriously need to start reading more.

Need to find time to read more.

2. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl Growing Strong Donor

That one's on my list. Aside from the Middletown connection, my great-grandparents moved up from Tennessee, and at least half of my relatives worked at Armco/AK. It was recommended to me by my second cousin, same background, who's now the dean of pharmacy at a northern college.

Borla likes this.
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member Donor

As I was reading it you were one of the people I was thinking I needed to recommend it to. Though I didn't know the direct TN/Armco connection, I figured you'd have enough familiarity with things he referred to to enjoy the book. :)

CinnamonGirl likes this.
  4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & don't criticize.

I've got three books on hand from which to choose.

The Jungle Books by Rudyard Kipling, Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, and The Brass Ring by Bill Mauldin.

------------------------------

Bill Mauldin - Wikipedia

I read two of Mauldin's books, one based on his experiences as a grunt soldier during WWII, the second about his experiences and struggles back home after WWII. Both are eye-openers, well worth reading. My comments are posted in this thread.

5. redux

redux Very Tilted Donor

I just downloaded "Ernie Pyle in England" for $.99, written in 1941 at the buildup to the German Blitzkieg and the Battle of Britain.

[​IMG]

Chris Noyb likes this.
  6. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member Donor

Currently about 1/4 the way through Shogun. Never really been exposed to it (there was a mini-series made when I was a kid, the book is from before I was born), but it is pretty captivating.

7. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl Growing Strong Donor

Finished the Queen's Poisoner (Jeff Wheeler), started in on the sequel, The Thief's Daughter. Bouncing between that and Trigger Warning (Neil Gaiman.)

8. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & don't criticize.

I haven't read any of James Clavell's novels, but King Rat sounds interesting.