1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What books are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by sapiens, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

20210210_232542.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I've been on a much longer than usual non-reading bender. Not books, that is.

I bought a few recently, because they interest me, I can live with the prices, & I'm not sure when I'll get around to reading them.

Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young is the first I'm going to attempt. I say attempt because the reviews are decidedly mixed, & I'm not sure if what Neil does away from music will be interesting to me.

3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Just going through the favorites in my own library... :D

Right now, catching up again with the Vlad Taltos series, that starts with Jhereg.
    Love the banter in this fantasy.

4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I latched onto a series of graphic novels that is sort of like the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen called The Chimera Brigade (which is of frustrating because I have a novel with a similar title I've been working on and now I'll have to come up with something else).
    The Brigade is made up of European comic and literary pulp characters rather than English or American with a few real people thrown in for good measure like Madame Curie (I really do love that they made her a superhero.)
    It's out of print so chasing down all three copies took a bit but it was worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bobby

bobby More Than Slightly Tilted ! Donor

C. S. Lewis "Surprised by Joy"
    xoxoxoo

• Like Like x 2
  6. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

• Like Like x 1
  7. BLOOD MONEY by Peter Schweizer. An expose on how China influences American politicians (spoiler alert--money plays a big part). Schweizer brings the receipts, and it's infuriating.

AVOR

• Like Like x 2
  8. bobby

bobby More Than Slightly Tilted ! Donor

FULL THROTTLE (LIFE AND TIMES OF CURTIS TURNER) by Robert Edelstein

• Like Like x 1