1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What books are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by sapiens, Aug 12, 2011.

1. flat5

flat5 Vertical

I just bought an e-reader and have read Bossypants by T. Fey
    Am reading "Songs My Mother Taught Me" by M. Brando & a dog book "Trixie" by D. Koontz

2. CaptainBob

CaptainBob Slightly Tilted

Somebody gave me a bunch of used books, including some Robert Ludlum. I'm now reading The Parsifal Mosaic. I'm pretty sure I have read it before, a long time ago, but I enjoy reading it again. I've actually bought books new that I've read before. I seem to have a bad memory for titles, but the story comes back as I read the first chapter or so. I've just read the Road to Omaha and the Prometheus Deception by Ludlum.

3. The Man From St. Petersburg by Ken Follett. Not one of his best, IMO, but enjoyable anyway.

4. flat5

flat5 Vertical

I did not find an EDIT button so have re-posted to correct a book title.

5. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

the last surgeon by michael palmer...

6. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Medin, D.L., Ross, B.H., Markman, A.B. (2005). Cognitive Psychology, 4th edition. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons.
    Cornelius, R.R. (1996). The science of emotion: Research and tradition in the psychology of emotion. Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, Inc..
    Newman, B.M. & Newman, P.R. (2009). Development through life: A psychosocial approach. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

I haven't finished any of them. This is going to be a really boring trimester.

7. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

I'm doing too books at the moment:
    Time Enough for Love by Robert Heinlein. It is ... interesting.

Circus by Alistair Maclean - old book as well - I picked it up because I wanted something small to take on the train last week. I'm about 1/4 through it already.

8. Chumley

Chumley New Member

Just finished "One Day" by David Nicholls, which is a chick book my wife threw my way. I enjoyed it alright, not 100% predictable, left me thinking..... which is good. This is after devouring the first four in the Fire & Ice series. Now I've started Brandon Sanderson's first book, "Elantris."

9. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

The Best of H.P. Lovecraft. Rereading a bunch of his short stories.

10. Xazy Vertical

I am starting "The Winds of Khalakovo" by Bradley Beaulieu a new fantasy author. It got strongly recommended to me by a reviewer I trust.

11. Aceventura

Aceventura Slightly Tilted

Striking Thoughts: Bruce Lee's wisdom for Daily Living

12. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

eduard dijksterhuis: the mechanization of the world picture.

a history of notions of causation in the natural world, so of the development of natural science, in the form of a giant list. wedged around the list are lots of peculiar bits of information. it's interesting, but i thought it was going to be about something else entirely.

13. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

I just finished reading that one again recently. It's good, but does have its strange moments.

I'm currently reading Foundation and Empire by Isaac Asimov. After I finish the Foundation series I plan on going back and trying to finish The System of the World by Neal Stephenson. I like his books, but I need a break between each one.

14. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

They Shoot Horses, Dont They?

15. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

Slaughterhouse 5. Only three chapters in, so maybe it will improve.

16. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

The Reversal by Michael Connelly

17. Stick

Stick Vertical

Assegai by Wilbur Smith

18. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I need to get my library card restriped.

19. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

rasputin's revenge by john t. lescroart

20. flat5

flat5 Vertical

Betty White's newest book.