1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What chores do you not enjoy?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Craven Morehead, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I hear a lot of these war stories from parents with one or two kids.

I find it interesting how a couple can add one or two kids and that somehow generates five to ten times more work when it comes to dishes and laundry.

Are kids really that messy?

Damn, maybe it's a good idea not to have any after all.

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Yes, kids really are that messy. Exploding diapers, getting food all over themselves, the floor, etc., etc. It takes some time to teach a kid to eat neatly. Even then, accidents do happen as they learn the motor skills required to eat neatly.

3. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

If you have to dry the dishes
    (Such an awful boring chore)
    ('Stead of going to the store)
    And you drop one on the floor
    Maybe they won't let you
    Dry the dishes anymore

• Like Like x 1
  4. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I can imagine that easily enough. Four kids and three meals any given day (at least in the summer) makes quite a pile of dishes.
    --- merged: Aug 13, 2011 at 9:05 PM ---
    Sarah Sylvia Cythina Stout would not take the garbage out......

5. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

Cleaning the bathroom. Its not well ventilated, only a small exhaust fan and no windows.

6. ktspktsp

ktspktsp Vertical

Vacuuming. Possibly because we have a heavy, clunky machine.. I tend to clean the bathroom instead and let the wife do the vacuuming.

7. Ourcrazymodern?

Ourcrazymodern? still, wondering

There's a reason they're called chores you might reckon.

8. ChrisJericho

ChrisJericho Careless whisper

Cleaning the shower, but when I start seeing I have more varieties of slime growing in there than a rainforest I must capitulate.

9. Nikilidstrom

Nikilidstrom Vertical

I hate mowing the lawn. I'd buy a cow to do it for me, but then I'm sure the chore I hate most would be taking care of the damn cow. Figures.

10. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

does going to work count as a chore? Not that I hate the job or anything but just having to go there feels like a chore.

11. itwasme

itwasme But you'll never prove it.

Yardwork in general. Especially gardening. Carrying anything upstairs. We have a steep staircase that my mother struggles to climb.

12. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I also hate being free tech support for my family and friends. I'd rather hand wash and dry dishes than run a dishwasher. Even seems dumb to me, but it's the truth.

13. Lucifer Slightly Tilted

Dishwashing! I do all I can to avoid this one.

14. Taking out the garbage.

Vacuuming out the car.

Grocery shopping - I figure 8 years in the grocery business soured me on anything to do with a grocery store. I detest it with every fiber of my being, but when hubby does it he comes home with stuff that completely blows the budget, or weird spices/marinades/sauces that sit around and never get used, or the fixings for just one meal. He hates shopping too, so I just do it.

I don't hate much else. We live in a condo so there is no yardwork or snow shoveling. I don't mind most chores, I just detest a select few.

15. Jay

Jay Vertical

Shoveling snow, although this upcoming winter will be my first without snow, so that may change.

Never been a huge fan of doing dishes either, but seem to be getting used to it.

16. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

writing my weekly newsletter for the squadron. it sucks up valuable time i could be studying or sleeping. not that it isn't enjoyable, but if it were up to me, I would make it bi-weekly just to get enough time to investigate and research stories i want to put it and it would also put me in far less of a time crunch than i'm in now

17. Xazy Vertical

I do not mind vacuuming or mopping, however I dislike sweeping the floor.

18. RangerJoe

RangerJoe Slightly Tilted

I have an 11 year old that has to do the housework that I tell him to. He gets the shit jobs:
    loading and unloading the dishwasher
    cleaning out the litterbox
    taking out the trash and then taking the trash to the curb on Thursday night
    mowing the yard (ok, most of the time I'll split it with him, because I'm nice and it's such a bitch)

We split sweeping and mopping and the general upkeep.

He does not do the following (due only to the fact that he's not good at it and I kind of like it done right, but God I hate it):

Folding the laundry - My son can't seem to figure out how to correctly fold a shirt, so I'm always stuck with the folding. I think I dislike this because I'm stuck in one spot and the laundry is hot. It makes me hot, therefore uncomfortable

cleaning the bathroom - I hate this job. It wasn't so bad when it was just me and my son, but now there's another guy in the mix and he has horrible aim. When an 11 year old boy can shoot it into the toilet and you can't, something is wrong. It's just gross.

Sorting the laundry - it's such a tedious task, I only do it when I have to. Otherwise, the clothes are getting washed in cold water.

Weeding - I don't do it. I can't stand it. Seriously, I have weeds growing everywhere, I don't give a fuck. If someone has a problem with it, they can fix it. I'm not touching those stupid weeds.

19. wolf Evil Grin

Litter boxes... definitely

Next up would be laundry.... all that folding and I never fold it correctly, though I swear the "correct" way is like the secret password of the day, it changes.

20. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Anything that involves human hair, excrement, or (not and) the aftermath of anything undertaken by my wife. She doesn't exactly puck up after herself.

In exchange, she cleans our bathroom, and for this I am eternally grateful.