1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What comicbooks are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Snoogans, Apr 25, 2016.

1. OtherSyde

OtherSyde Slightly Tilted

...Do action comics count..? LOL I watched the Deadpool Killustrated action comic on the YouTubes a few days ago and it was definitely entertaining, especially the part where Professor X looked into Deadpool's mind and saw the absolute reality of their "lives" - i.e. that they are all just nonexistent puppets in a 2D comic book, and immediately went mad from the revelation (by going braindead).

2. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

Ah, what a gamechanger! I was flipping through a manga book once and kept getting confused when my brain tried to read it the "proper" way at the start of the pages, so I abandoned manga comics forever. Until now I guess.. And nice done with the sharing!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I just finished Planet Hulk and World War Hulk.

4. roblincoln

roblincoln Vertical

The last comic books I read were my vintage (early 70s) DC "Shadow" comics. Last graphic novel was "A History of Violence"

5. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

Oh man, it's so good! I saw the animated movie and thankfully decided to read the whole thing too. I think I read most of the tie-ins as well. The Punisher part was awesome, and the Ghost Rider was rad as hell!

6. Charlatan

It was cool to see Ghost Rider in action. I haven't read any GR comics since I was a kid.

I just finished Fall of the Hulks and World War Hulks and it wasn't nearly as good as Planet Hulk and World War Hulk.

Currently catching up on Captain America. I am working my way through Brubaker's run, including The Winter Soldier, Civil War and post-Civil War. It's really good.

7. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

I'll give those a pass, then..

I've heard alot of good things about Brubaker's Cap, I'd like to go through it too some day.

I've finally started managing my books!
    It's been getting out of hand recently, with books just lying around in stacks all over the house.
    I took a pic of all the books I had just lying around in our bedroom..

I've been thinking for a looong time about getting shortboxes, but getting them to Sweden is so damn expensive.

So I went to IKEA and picked up a pack of PAPPIS (10 boxes for 6 bucks!).
    I bought a couple extra to cut up and use to customize the boxes.

The books almost fit standing straight, so I cut a piece of board and put it at an angle to support the books standing like this:
    [​IMG]

Then I cut up more pieces as dividers!
    [​IMG]

Almost done! So damn nice to have it organized!

Not perfect, but I guess I saved well over 100 bucks over bying the "real" stuff.

[​IMG]

I thought about bags and boards but I'm not collecting for the value of them,
    I just want to have a shitload of comics for the kids to stumble upon when they're old enough.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Charlatan

Spindelmannen!

Definitely worth reading Brubaker's Captain America. One of the better series I've read in a while.

9. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

At least "Spindelmannen" is a correct translation, early Batman got translated into "Läderlappen"="The leather patch"..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Charlatan

"The Leather Patch", the World's Finest Bondage Hero.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

HOT TIP!!

I know digital comics suck compared to the feel of paper, but I can't afford to buy all the physical books I want. Nor do I have a warehouse to put them all..

Comixology is having a supersweet sale right now on books by Matt Fraction! I just bought Casanova vol. 2 and 3 and Sex Criminals Vol.2 for less than ONE of those books would have set me back i the real world!

Check it!