1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What Console Games Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by martian, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Jon Quixote

Jon Quixote Vertical

Personally, the Bioshock series is my favorite video game series, and I've played a lot of video games. It's mostly because I have an unhealthy obsession with storylines. The twists are fantastic, the worlds are incredibly immersive and deep, with rich pasts and lots of character links. I have to agree with Martian, though, that the build is a bit slow, and the early games can be very difficult, especially if you don't conserve ammo. I've made that mistake before.

So, not necessarily the most fun game, like Skyrim or Super Smash Bros., but a very rich one, and undoubtedly worth playing the whole way through.

2. b2653009 Slightly Tilted

I completely agree, Bioshock is one of my fave game series, for all the same reasons as you. I think the reason the game didn't feel so slow paced for me, is because the environment itself felt like a story. I love era-based movies and tv shows, something that immerses you in that time, and I think they were bang on with Bioshock. The world itself was fun to explore, I read every bit of lore, listened to every song, read every poster on the walls, I loved it! And I do agree about the conserving ammo bit, I think that defines the game between a mindless FPS with infinite ammo and whatnot, and a creative, be more clever (and accurate) kind of game. My favourite part of Bioshock Infinite was being able to snipe, and focus on being a one-hit badass killer, to keep spare ammo around. It wasn't easy, especially as I got closer to the endgame.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jon Quixote

Jon Quixote Vertical

Completely spot-on. I can't remember ever experiencing a fictional world as immersive, colorful, and deep as Rapture and Columbia.

4. b2653009 Slightly Tilted

I've heard that Fallout has a very in-depth atmosphere, but I can't seem to get into those games. I tried with Fallout 3, but it just wasn't for me.

5. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I didn't think much of Bioshock 2. I suppose that's down to the fact that it was done by a different studio, or that Ken Levine wasn't involved. It's like doing a Terminator movie without James Cameron. We all saw how well that worked.

I did really enjoy Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite. Still haven't managed to get any serious time into Burial At Sea. Putting Booker and Elizabeth in Rapture certainly sounds like a good idea, anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  6. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Hubs just finished Saints Row IV. It was an interesting game to watch. There were a number of literary jokes worked into it that just cracked me up. Lots of Jane Austen references.

7. desal75

desal75 New Member

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix. Can't beat the classics.

8. Aceventura

Aceventura Slightly Tilted

I recently finished playing the three Bioshock games in sequence - second time playing Infinite. One of the best console gaming experiences I have had. Earlier in the year I replayed all three Mass Effect games in sequence. This was another great experience, and much better playing them in sequence, a second time. Now that I am in this phase of replaying Xbox 360 games I think I may start a new Skyrim character or perhaps re-do the Fallout 2 and New Vegas.

• Like Like x 2
  9. martian

Mario Kart 8 is the reason you all want a Wii U right now. Some of you just don't know it yet.

10. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Oh no, I know it.

11. Aceventura

Years ago when my son had a Nintendo Cube, he was about 7 or 8, we played Mario Kart all the time - and I admit he kicked my a$$ regularly. I always saw this as more of a party game or a game you play on the couch with a friend or two - is the nature of the game different now?

12. martian

It's definitely at it's best as a multiplayer game, but there's a ton of content to get through. There 32 tracks altogether that can be run normal or mirrored, three difficulty levels, and a whole bunch of unlockables. There's also online multiplayer if you don't have anyone to share with at home.

I've had lots of fun with it racing against Magpie in local multi. I've had just as much fun with it playing in off-TV mode on the gamepad while she watches her girly shows. I'm not even a fan of racing games to be honest but I'm still having a great time.

If you buy in June they're also giving away a free bonus game to go with it, so that's a nice little perk. I got Windwaker HD at no cost, but that's only because I already have Pikmin 3. If I were just picking up the console I'd definitely get Pikmin first.

13. Aceventura

I have to think of a strategy to get my wife to agree to another game console. I know I am going to get an Xbox One, eventually. Is there a good Dance game, yoga, or fitness game for the Wii U? That might do it and I will have the Xbox One all to myself.:)

14. martian

Well, there's Wii Fit U. That one is pretty good. It also plays original Wii titles, so all of the many yoga, dancing, zumba and whatever other fitness games were available for that one will work on the Wii U as well.

15. Jon Quixote

Jon Quixote Vertical

I do need a Wii U, but I think I'm gonna go for the Playstation 4 first. I've played some stuff on it at my friends' houses, and damn is it beautiful. Any recommendations for when I actually go about buying it?

On another note, I've been exploring old games recently (both for fun and to develop my opinions), so I bought a Playstation. The first one. So far, all I've bought are Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid. Both are excellent games. This is the console that I really need recommendations for, since I was more a Nintendo kind of guy way back when. So, if you don't mind, take a little trip down Memory Lane for me, because I am, for the most part, clueless.

16. Aceventura

Purchased an Xbox One and pre-ordered Destiny and Assasin's Creed Unity - I will be set for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I'm replaying Red Dead Redemption.

• Like Like x 1

18. I now know of which you speak.
    A friend just gave me Wii-U with Mario Kart 8! There have been family races every night up until school started.
    Mrs. GH screams too much but it is still massive fun.
    I think there are more tracks, cars, unlockables coming via DLC quite soon.
    *wags tail furiously

19. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Now you're bragging...

• Like Like x 1
  20. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

Resident Evil Rev., State of Decay and Forza Horizons. You?