1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What creeps you out?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Joniemack, Apr 1, 2012.

1. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

crowded places and confined spaces.

• Like Like x 3
  2. velvetm00nchild1

velvetm00nchild1 Vertical

Spiders.
    The film 'Day after tomorrow' really creeped me out when I read in a newspaper that the sea temperatures had in fact changed. Gave me the heebygeebees.
    Old testicles, not as opposed to new ones but when I worked with the elderly, I saw a man who's testicles swung to his knees and it freaked me out.
    Huge hairy eyebrows.
    Creepy old dudes that follow you around Tesco's talking about wierd stuff ( it happened again Sat morning)
    Other peoples children.

3. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

i'm in the creeped out by clowns camp. because you never know what face they're REALLY making under that makeup.

4. I can't think of anything that "creeps me out" per se...
    But I get edgy under circumstances like SirLance pointed out. Confined not so much (been stuck in elevators, and just chilled, fell asleep for a few hours)... crowded places... I get edgy as hell.

I once knew a bartender that was deathly afraid of midgets. Brought a midget friend into the bar once... owner kicked my ass out for a month (because he knew I knew better). I don't have anything like that.

5. Mysugarcane

Mysugarcane Vertical

Spiders
    Clowns
    Uninformed people
    Mascots

• Like Like x 1
  6. mew

mew New Member

Earwigs
    Spiders
    Nails on chalkboard
    bending nails backwards
    Sharks

7. Mysugarcane

Mysugarcane Vertical

Oh my god! Yes" I hate bendy nails

8. Sharks. I used to help my uncles set up fences to keep out sharks in Guam. And then I watched Jaws. Every time Im in any body of water (including pools) I get this creepy feeling that Im gonna be bitten in half. It really sucks because Ive always wanted to surf.

9. shanifaye

shanifaye Dominissive

Sock Monkeys.....evil evil things

• Like Like x 1
  10. AlterMoose

AlterMoose Slightly Tilted

The wife sez the old My Buddy dolls. Because of Chucky.
    I say Furbies. They stare at you with those giant creepy eyes. And they learn.

11. itwasme

itwasme But you'll never prove it.

The Astoria-Megler bridge, especially at night. Over 4 miles long, ocean to one side and Columbia River on the other. High at the entrance, it dips down to what feels like water level. Very dark at night. I got into the wrong lane around midnight once and found myself on it after avoiding it for years during the day. I had to turn around on the other side and travel it again to get back to the hotel I was looking for. Creepy, creepy, creepy.
    File:USACE Astoria-Megler Bridge.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

12. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

the lil monkies from the Wizard of Oz. Could you imagine flying monkies?

13. ScarletBegonia

ScarletBegonia Vertical

Maggots. Blech.
    Dolls. Especially those weird antique dolls. They stare at me.

14. Potato salad

15. The weeping angels on Dr. Who. Love the show, but can't watch those episodes alone. DON'T BLINK!

• Like Like x 1
  16. zhaich

zhaich Vertical

Mummies. I dread having to look at them if the subject comes up.

17. Trypophobia. It's mostly a photoshop phenomenom but.... yeah, can't even describe how much it disgusts me.

18. PlaysWithPixels

PlaysWithPixels Getting Tilted

Spiders. Arachnaphobia. In particular, when I see one and then I lose it. I'm also scared of eating one in my sleep. I think there's a statistic out there of how many spiders we eat during out sleep in our lifetime. Ugh...

19. Hope you don't eat chocolate then. I read somewhere chocolate manufacturers allow for a certain amount of insect parts crushed in with the cocoa beans (not that we would ever notice them).

20. PlaysWithPixels

PlaysWithPixels Getting Tilted

I've heard that. It's the thought of a live spider going in my mouth that really freaks me out. We have Brown Recluses in my part of the world and the bites are pretty nasty if you manage to survive. I'm sure that has something to do with my fear.