1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What did you have for breakfast?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Baraka_Guru, Sep 16, 2011.

1. I live about 90 minutes from Portland. I have been wanting to go to Byways since I saw it on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. My gravy is vegetarian though. I bet I could make a vegan gravy, but that's just silly.

2. Phi Eyed

Phi Eyed Getting Tilted

Umm. That sounds good, Bear Cub.

I just feel like we are programmed to follow a prescribed eating routine that does not necessarily work for every system. I think you have to personally try out various times of day and amounts that you eat to determine what works for you. I feel that my predisposition to food sensitivity sends me into heart-racing shock, if I eat too early. If I am planning to work out, then I do make sure I eat breakfast, so I have the necessary fuel required. On regular days, for my body type and activity level, eating an extremely light breakfast, if any at all, works better for me. Today, without my breakfast, I was more clear-headed, organized and my stomach was not convulsing with hunger pangs. 11:00 am is my ideal breakfast time. Today, it felt pretty damn liberating, to not be seduced by the “shoulds” of society, that, as I’ve said, are incredibly general and not specific to individual needs.

People in Europe are fat, now, because they want to be like us and so far, we’ve set a pretty bad example.

I feel that we need to be more like them.

3. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I know US citizen often have this belief that the whole world sees the US as they do: "USA NUMBA 1!!!"

No, Phi Eyed, most people in countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and collectives such as the EU really don't see the USA as something to aspire to.

They see themselves as the world's number 1. Especially Germany.

They love your junk food, though, which is why they got so fat.

4. Innocentmiss

Innocentmiss Getting Tilted

I partly agree with you, I feel happiest when I eat what I feel like, when I feel like it. However although this worked really well when I was a student living next to a supermarket, it does not work now when I live 30 miles away from a supermarket and work. I have to eat at prescribed times of the day like break and lunch and not in between. I also travel between sites and do not have a fridge so this restricts what I take with me to eat. I also feel compelled to conform to everyone elses eating choices, if I have something different then I get quizzed on what and why I'm eating. Its traditional to eat sandwiches at lunch, its what every one eats! I hate sandwiches unless I really feel like one!

5. Phi Eyed

Phi Eyed Getting Tilted

You misinterpreted what I had written. I did not say that the I feel that the US is "number one" nor did I say that any other country thinks so. I said, it has been my experience- having lived in Europe for a few years when I was younger- that Europeans want to be like us. The inclusion of such American atrocities, such as the arrival of McDonald's. KFC, etc, and their obvious success is some proof of this. What I meant was that perhaps the ever-growing waistlines of Europeans can be attributed to the desire to live a fast food lifestyle like ours....

6. Remixer

In the context of fast-food only, yeah, I agree with you.

7. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

This morning was cold pizza and a strong coffee.

8. arkana

arkana Very Tilted

which breakfast?
    #1 - 5:30a.m. - half a sprouted grain bagel with almond butter + one apple
    #2 - 8:30a.m. - tofu scramble + slice toast + one cup OJ
    #3 - 11:30a.m. - smoothie w/OJ, Kale, SwissChard, Banana, Spirulina, Hemp Protein + Agave

9. Robot Parade

Robot Parade New Member

arkana knows how to do it right. I just had a cup of coffee, as usual.

10. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Mixed whole-grain toast topped with natural peanut butter and sliced strawberries.

11. Preheating the oven now to bake the biscuits.... I contemplated making homemade drop biscuits, but decided to use the last two frozen biscuits in the freezer instead.

When the biscuits are almost done, I'll start the gravy and then make some scrambled eggs too. This is going to be a BIG and not so good for me breakfast. I'll post pics.

12. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

french toast, bacon, and orange juice...

13. Omelette of Italian sausage, onion, green pepper and mozzarella... potatoes, shredded and fried... toasted whole wheat w/butter... coffee...
    Happy tummy!

14. ktspktsp

ktspktsp Vertical

Not much of a breakfast today.. Coffee and a granola bar. May I'll have some Yogurt now.
    I have hummus, but tragically no bread to eat it with...

15. Remixer

Got any fries or meat?

It may even taste good with cookies, but I haven't tried that.

16. [​IMG]

Biscuits and vegetarian gravy with scrambled eggs and cheese. I'm not going to need to eat the rest of the day. Yes, that's OJ in a black butte porter pint glass.

It is a rugby day, but I am not playing this season since my balance is still off. Not safe for my position. I should still run around with the team during the warm-up to try and burn off all of this.

17. Magpie

Magpie Getting Tilted

18. Lirpa

Lirpa Vertical

I am a much happier and stable person if I eat within an hour of waking up.

Today, for breakfast:
    bowl of oat bran with a little milk
    fruit smoothie concoction that included: lowfat yogurt, coconut butter, flax oil, smidgen of flax powder, really old banana, frozen berries, peanut butter, honey

Those look great! How'd you make the gravy? I have a few vegetarian friends who can't eat the gravy I normally make for my biscuits ):

19. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Hey, that was my breakfast this morning!

• Like Like x 1
  20. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

Chicken and apple sausage, and a couple pears.