1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What did you have for breakfast?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Baraka_Guru, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Lou Mitchell's. It was delicious.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

One of the places I always recommend for visitors. Did you get your donut holes and milk duds?

3. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

raisin bran.

4. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Coconut milk yogurt with a banana, a little paleo granola, and 1t each Chia and flax seeds.

5. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

In an effort to draw down the perishables in the fridge before I leave town for a few days I had bacon, sauteed a filet of tilapia in the bacon grease, fried two eggs, one piece of whole wheat toast, and a glass of milk.

People think it's weird to have fish for breakfast. I first found that at a little neighborhood diner in Boston. Sig, who comes from Sweden, says it's not unusual there.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Little Levite is out of summer pre-school now, so we took the kids out for pancakes this morning. Walker Brothers', in Wilmette. The '49er Flapjacks there are my favorite pancake ever, they're like pancake sex in my mouth. I always think about ordering something else, but then I end up figuring that I can get other things at other breakfast places, but those flapjacks are only there-- or maybe in Heaven!

Little Levite prefers regular ol' blueberry pancakes-- he's smack in the middle of the zero-adventure palate phase. But Littler Levite liked the flapjacks-- she and I have a lot of the same leanings in the palate, not that flapjacks are particularly adventurous eating....
    --- merged: Aug 2, 2016 at 5:01 PM ---
    Americans can be strangely anal about what is and isn't appropriate breakfast food. Seems to me that if it tastes good at night, it's gonna taste good in the morning, too. I've had fish for breakfast, and enjoyed it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2016
  7. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I've been eating pretty much the same thing for breakfast each morning: "egg drop oatmeal" (oatmeal, an egg, chopped green onions, chunky peanut butter, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, black pepper). It never gets old.

• Like Like x 1
  8. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Seafood for breakfast isn't uncommon out here, but I think that's because 1) we have a lot of people of Scandinavian descent, and 2) a lot of seafood. I love, love, love eggs benedict with salmon.

9. genuinemommy

Kashi Go Lean.
    I find it interesting that I have been eating cereal for the past few days. My daughters have been pulling it out of the pantry and handing it to me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I had a ham sammich without the bread.

11. genuinemommy

You and Littlegirly would get along well.
    One of her favorite meals is a pepperoni sandwich. She takes several individual pieces of pepperoni and forms them into a big stack, then chomps them down.

12. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I miss bread and it's a PITA trying to make paleo bread that won't make me sick. So, I make wraps with meat as the outside wrap or lettuce if I have large whole leaves. I'll make a sammich out of anything. :D Mmmm, Applegate natural pepperoni...

• Like Like x 2
  13. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

14. Temple

Temple New Member

15. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

So, what was breakfast?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Your breakfast sounds delish. I would and do eat fish at any time of the day or night.
    --- merged: Aug 18, 2016 5:31 AM ---
    Nice graphics, @Temple !
    --- merged: Aug 18, 2016 5:37 AM ---
    Such sweet girls! Do your daughters like it as well? I go on cereal jags, sometimes I just have a taste for it. Defo, if I were sharing breakfast and cereal was introduced, I'd go ahead and eat it. On my own, which I am for all breakfasts except when traveling, I have coffee and fresh fruit.
    Today was: Papa Nicholas Mocha Java (local to Batavia, Illinois--thanks, internet!) and 3 Clementines.
    --- merged: Aug 18, 2016 5:38 AM ---
    Don't make me miss my 30-year hometown area. I will always miss the food!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  17. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Fish for breakfast.....does smoked salmon novi lox qualify? (On an everything bagel from Brooklyn Water Bagels, with cream cheese)

• Like Like x 3
  18. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I love lox. It's so different from smoked salmon here.

19. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I'm dying for a nova lox bagel. Fully dressed.

20. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Nova Scotia salmon? Whoa, that looks amazing.