1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What did you have for breakfast?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Baraka_Guru, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Another breakfast place you need to try if you haven't yet is "Yolk".

Went there this morning for the second time. Awesome stuff.

Protip - Get the "NoWait" app if you don't have it. Puts you on wait lists or gives you wait times of a lot of places that don't take reservations.

2. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Meh. I don't like chains much. Lou Mitchell's is my favorite breakfast place EVER. Jardinere omelet. Hells yeah.

3. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I'm all about the No Wait app, too.

4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Chains almost never do it for me either. But I doubt this one (small chain) will disappoint. ;)

5. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

What is the No Wait App/

6. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Puts you in line before you get there for restaurants that use it.

7. DAKA

OK, please 'splain how this works for this "tech challenged" old guy... (I just went from flip phone to I phone....still miss flip phone...it didn't make calls by itself in my pocket...and I could hear the damn ring tone)

8. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

homemade breakfast quesadilla

3 eggs fried
    shredded cheese
    medium salsa
    tortilla

Take 5 min to make

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I had crab cakes. Was kid's birthday today and he chose Red Lobster for what was lunch on everyone else's time. I would have tried a local place but not my pick. Still in search of a good, not too pricey, non-chain place for American food.

10. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

One of my favorites for breakfast is Lucky Platter in Evanston. On main street just east of Chicago Ave.

Unfortunately, I'm not in Chicago. So at home today I had a big link of German sausage, 2 eggs flipped, and whole wheat sunflower seed toasted bread from a local bakery. And milk.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Ha, small world! My bro and sil (and dad now, too) live and work in Evanston. I have truly enjoyed the Lucky Platter. I fear that here in Phoenix I shall never eat well again. Fortunately, it won't matter until I lose another 25 lbs or so.

12. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Breakfast burrito, reindeer sausage, hashbrowns, cilantro, pico de gallo and scrambled eggs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DAKA

Fresh ground DD coffee and a 1/2 scooped out toasted ET bagel (Brooklyn Water Bagels.....best in FL) with cream cheese.

14. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Ran out of ripe fruit. Had a piece of leftover whitefish of some sort. Don't reheat most leftovers, so it was cold fish.

15. Lindy

Sunday breakfast was the usual "Free at Hampton Inn" fare. Little ham & cheese omelets, -- I had two-- a few strips of bacon and a little yogurt cup. Fresh, hot, and OK for what it cost me.

16. DAKA

Hampton Inn this morning, those little egg (?) things just look so ugh....waffle was ok...

17. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Half-cup of last night's Jasmine rice and a bunch of fresh watermelon, mocha java blend coffee. I was so hungry and now I'm not.

18. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Salmon fume and some Greek fries with Dijon mustard and feta.

19. Lindy

A late breakfast omelet stuffed with leftover salmon and cream cheese with dill and scallions. Coffee and whole wheat toast.

20. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I made dis
    [​IMG]

3 minute eggs, Van's GF blueberry waffles, fresh fruit, Mariano's fresh orange juice, and duck bacon.
    Mother. Effing. Duck. Bacon.

• Like Like x 3