1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What did you used to do that you don't do anymore?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Joniemack, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

As I get older I adopt new habits and drop old ones. What don't you do anymore that you used to do quite regularly?

Some of mine:

I used to do hard drugs.
    I used to go out of my way to keep the peace. (I still do to a lesser extent)
    I used to be totally focused on my looks (before and after the hard drugs)
    I used to bounce checks.
    I used to shave my legs as a matter of course.
    I used to masturbate a few times a day.
    I used to be more concerned with whether or not people "understood" me.
    I used to like the NY Giants.
    I used to cook for pleasure.

I used to catch typos. :D The thread title should read "What did you used to do that you don't do anymore?"

• Like Like x 1
  2. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Fixed the title...

3. Joniemack

4. Meier_Link

Meier_Link New Member

I used to constantly weave in and out of traffic and accelerate just to slam on my brakes when I had to slow down.

I used to play a lot more video games.

I used to care a lot more about what other people thought of me.

I used to smoke a lot more pot.

I used to eat a lot more unhealthy foods (kinda goes along with that last one)

5. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

i used to play competitive-level USSSA softball for over 25 years...

i used to drink a LOT of beer...

i used to smoke two packs of cigarets a day...

i used to have hair...

i used to complete the NY times crossword puzzle daily and sunday...

there's more - i'll think of them later...

6. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

I used to be able to pack my whole life in the trunk of my car and move on with little notice.
    Now it would take a big moving truck and months of planning.

7. Joniemack

Those were the days, eh? I'm moving to the UK next year to finally be with my SO full time. I'll be selling 95% of what I own or offering it to my grown kids. In a sense, it's a good feeling, reminiscent of the days when I could pack my life in the trunk of my car or strap it to my back.

8. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

drugs. lots of them. long ago. it seems like another life, waking up in the morning, opening my refrigerator to get some milk for coffee or something and seeing tens of thousands of hits of lsd in the butter dish. sometimes i cant quite figure out how i got out of that life in one piece. alot of my friends didn't.
    i don't even smoke weed any more. it kinda bores me. stoned people definitely bore me. go figure.

i used to be angry about more things. political & cultural things. now i don't care so much.
    when i make stuff, i don't really give a fuck what people think. it's not about you: it's about the process. that goes for you and me.
    when i think about political things, i think more about institutions and altering them than about what individual people believe because the latter is a function of the former.
    i think these things may make me more fun to be around after a few beverages. but it's hard to know.
    mostly, i'm a teddy bear.

i'd say i used to smoke even though i don't smoke now but i thought i had that one figured out the last time i quit and it turned out i didnt. so right now, i used to smoke. cigarettes i mean.

i used to be a slow-motion nomad. it made me tired. i'll probably be one again, but right now i'm parked by a salt marsh, looking at and listening to stuff. i don't have any nostalgia for it. in my world it's a condition, a way of life...not a phase. i'm a restless person.

9. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I used to spend weekends roaming the nightlife of whichever city I happened to be in. Now I don't give half a shit.

I used to spend a lot more money on stupid things. Kind of stopped once I got serious about business.

I used to regularly drink tons of vodka (with Red Bull), and then follow it up with tons of the lowest common denominator of fast food: McDonald's, Burger King and KFC. Now I only do that 1-3 times a year.

I used to do all kinds of crap on a no-notice basis. Like randomly taking my friend (who had just been cheated on) on a 1-hour drive across town (Sydney's huge) at 3 a.m., buy two dozen eggs, locate her house and plaster her new car with the eggs; all for the fun of it. Now I probably wouldn't do that kind of stuff.

I used to hit on every attractive woman I came across. Now (way before I got together with my fiancée) I don't act on impulse and take my time to assess her character and whether she suits me.

I used to ski almost naked (boxers only). I don't think I'll do that anymore.

I used to think Afghanistan is a horrid place. Now I know it is much worse than that.

10. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I used to drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol every night.

I used to eat fast food on an almost-daily basis.

I used to fish for compliments, in completely obvious ways.

I used to try and be "everything to everyone."

I used to sleep two or three hours a night, go to work, go out and party, sleep a couple more hours, and do it all over again.

(I'm a little healthier now, both physically and mentally :))

11. curiousbear

curiousbear Terse & Bizarre

I used to read lots of books, now it is close to nothing
    I used to chat with friends (f2f or online), now it is close to nothing
    I used to have pets (dogs, birds, fishes), now nothing
    I used to look at women as women, now I look at them as breasts/lips/eyes/legs/butt/fingers/....

I prefer what I used to be. Need to do a reset.

12. I used to enjoy walking in the country, or along a beach listening to the waves crashing on or whispering up the beach. I took it for granted. Not any more, not now its too late. I guess if I did have to have one of the afflictions of Henry viii, better gout than syphylus..... although I guess these days the latter can be cured quite easily.
    I used to write and enjoyed doing it.
    I used to not worry about kicking the bucket and leaving my son behind alone.
    I used to cycle everywhere.
    I used to get rat arsed far too often.
    I used to sit next to my dad, and he would read me the Billy Goats Gruff - clippity clop clippity clop, over the bridge.
    I used to be a daughter.......... now I am just left behind.
    I used to hate my working body, dieting, working out etc - now I wish I had had the sense to just appreciate how well it worked in those days.
    I used to have more of a life.
    I used to take drugs for recreation, now I take them to stay alive and control body functions.
    I think I was more cheerfull - till I started on this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I used to be a self-hating, lonely sonofabitch. Currently, I'm happily taken, love myself and my life, but can be and am, on a regular basis, the epitome of an asshole/sonofabitch. My frustrations have changed.

14. greywolf

greywolf Slightly Tilted

I used to drink (just taking a break going on 30 years).
    I used to have hair.
    I used to play basketball/baseball/hockey.
    I used to write.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Does jumping count? Or having a vertical leaping ability? I am fairly certain that gravity has increased over the years, and that the warranty for my knees must have expired some time ago as well.
    --- merged: Dec 15, 2011 4:12 PM ---
    On the subject of hair, I like how the grey and white hairs nicely accentuate things.

16. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

i used to smoke ALOT of pot
    i used to be skinnyer (does that count)
    i used to eat out alot
    i used to care too much what others thought about me
    i used to have more fun than i do now

17. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

I used to drink until I threw up on a regular basis. I lost interest.
    I used to ski moguls from open until close, several days in a row. My knees aren't up for it any more.
    I used to crank the stereo up to 11. I am now aware that my ears are mortal.
    I used to drive my motorcycle way too aggressively, ... ummm, I still do that.

I used to dream of living in the mountains. I wake up there every morning, now.
    I used to be driven to do more. These days, enjoying what I have seems more important.

18. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

i used to enjoy coming to work

19. I used to enjoy getting up in the morning.
    I used to walk everywhere I needed to go because I could.
    I used to be healthy.
    I used to have friends.

20. CoffeeBee

CoffeeBee Slightly Tilted

I used to be a doormat. Not any more.
    I used to drink to help me fall asleep. Not any more.

• Like Like x 1