1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What does YOUR gut tell you?

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by grumpyolddude, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I got the math question wrong, but I understand the solution. I went with intuition instead of reflection because I'm lazy.

2. Candle

Candle Vertical

I find that the math answer is ubject some ambiguity in the question.

3. Cdwonderful

Cdwonderful Getting Tilted

I like intuition, its good. I have a gut feeling about it.......

4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

My intuition told me that the intuitive answer (.10) couldn't be right, because if it was that easy there was no point in asking the question.;)
    A flash of intuition also told me that the ball had to cost somewhere between nothing and ten cents.
    And .05 plus $1.05 = $1.10 came on pretty quickly afterwords.

As far as God or no; I find that I care less and less as I get older and older.

Lindy
    Baraka_Guru please tell me that I used the semicolon correctly.:)

5. It doesn't take a Guru to see that a comma would have been the correct choice.:p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

This is true. :)

7. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

Interestingly, my daughter is now just old enough (at 11) and cynical enough to ask herself "why am I being asked this question, when the answer seems patently obvious?", and then to realise that there must be a slightly more complex answer.

She hit 1.05 right off, but then she is top of her class in maths.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Such critical thinking from an 11 year old... I really like that! You're doing something right, IMO.

9. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Thanks to you both. I learned something.:)

Lindy