1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs
Dismiss Notice
Guest, some new updates and fixes were done. Please let staff know if anything is funky or wonky!!!

Politics What is happening????

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by pan6467, Apr 23, 2012.

1. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Interesting article on how Big Pharma pumped a shit load of dark money into the effort to kill off the Affordable Care Act.
    Those fuckers are up there with the insurance companies as people I would like to send to the reeducation camps come the revolution.
    I just don't know if it is possible to turn pond scum into decent human beings (or is that an insult to pond scum?)

The Stealth Campaign to Kill Off Obamacare

• Like Like x 2
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member Donor

• Like Like x 1
  3. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I have to wonder if Mueller is going to look into Snowden and Manning to see if the Russian government gave any assistance to them in order to hurt Hillary and the Democrats? Hillary was in charge of the State Department when Manning released the documents, and I'm not sure if people blamed "the government" or "Obama and the Democrats" for the metadata stuff, but it was constantly in the news. How much assistance did Russia give to Wikileaks, or were they just dripping out the leaks to make more money for themselves without regard to who was controlling the narrative?

This is supposedly translated from a German magazine:
    The Kremlin Admits Snowden is a Russian Agent
    (in German: Kreml gibt zu | Snowden ist ein Russen-Agent )

This was written before the 2016 election, but with the Manafort trial coming to a close, it is interesting to read it again:
    Clinton campaign — and some cyber experts — say Russia is behind email release

4. rogue49

Kremlin Sources Go Quiet, Leaving C.I.A. in the Dark About Putin’s Plans for Midterms

What is happening??
    We're being attacked...that's what's happening.

And not just the US...but everyone. (although the US is a favorite target...but Russia has a plethora of favs)

And we're just sitting here whacking off... :confused:

Even the ones that do care are either floundering or being restricted by rules and laws
    that the current Administration is enforcing to repress action
    or Congress with no spine or agenda to act to change it. :mad:

Meanwhile we've got one nation Bamboozling us...and others stealing us blind, left & right.

We've got to lock down our toys and tools.
    There's no murder or maiming
    But it IS affecting the stability and capacity of ALL target nations.

We've got to ACT
    Be on top of it
    Fund it
    Authorize it
    Be proactive

Because Russia, China, Iran and otherwise are acting like termites on our house, our cites, our people, our businesses, our nations
    And sooner or later...the whole thing will collapse on itself.

You think I'm exaggerating???
    I've got an inside track on the tip of the iceberg...you should see the list of DAILY attacks that are happening.
    And this is JUST what I'm seeing and what's shown, revealed or EVEN simply found.

Sure, ignore it...explain it off.
    Bad guys like it when you do that...it doesn't stop them.
    And then...it's gone.
    Damage done.
    Say bye bye. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. rogue49

[​IMG]

Uhh...just TRY to have a memory, it may be important

6. rogue49

50 people dead in overnight bus crash in western Kenya
    Knee-Jerk???
    Reactionary?

I guess you can spin anything these days.
    This IS what's happening in our politics.
    No ethics
    Pure audacity
    Say anything to make even the most truly bad thing sound "wrong"

We need to get back to when lies were LIES
    And there was shame.
    Shame about saying things that could literally hurt people or get them hurt.

7. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I don't know, maybe the commentator was saying that the lawmakers were quick to make the laws but then didn't do anything to back them up ("quickly forgotten").
    It's fine to have speeding laws but if you don't put police out on the roads to enforce the law it is pointless.
    Solving problems like these often take changing the way things are done rather then just making new laws.
    Often the night buses are necessary because the people have to travel long distance for jobs.
    G-d forbid the lawmakers have a word with the companies who are taking advantage of the work force who have to make these long trips.

• Like Like x 1