1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics What is happening????

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by pan6467, Apr 23, 2012.

1. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Feeling a little better about the 45m hit he's getting now and after reading how he has several more lawsuits to damage his bank, maybe he will get hurt by the time it's sort of over.
    $4m is just "operating cost" kind of fines for his grifting.

I still don't understand how anyone can choose lying, grifting and harming people for a living. He's a psychopath, but I just don't get the psychology of how people get into this this kind of thing.
    It's far worse than just being a ransom hacker or even just a snake oil grifter. Folks who know AJ seem to say he's been an ass hole spewing bullshit since his school days...

Aside from the disgust I feel about him, I'm really curious about the psychology behind what drives someone to do this, and how anyone can seek out employment with someone like him...for instance all the sick-o mega church grifters selling apocalypse food like Jim Baker and his buckets of cheese broccoli and the huge operation that is needed to create his show.
    I couldn't even make it through learning to demonstrate Kirby vacuum cleaners let alone deluding people about apocalypse fantasy.

It just makes me wonder where or how people develop a moral compass. I know I have a sense of right and wrong, but I'm not exactly sure what I used to build it, or where it came from.

I'm glad Breanna's killers will get charged, but again I'm really sick of mourning the death of brown people at the hands of white police.

What else is happening... Brittney Griner, this is a horror show. But as much as I feel horrible about her situation I feel like it was incredibly stupid of her to bring weed oil to Russia or even concider going to Russia at all. It's a fucking bear trap, don't put your foot in a bear trap ! How hard is that to understand ??

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. redux

redux Very Tilted

Trump appeared before the NY Attorney General today for a deposition under oath in the AG's civil investigation of alleged tax fraud and insurance fraud by the Trump Organization. He answered one question, his name, then pleaded the "fifth amendment" over 400 times. This was after a rant he posted last night calling the NY Attorney General a "racist."

Trump took Fifth Amendment more than 440 times in refusing to answer New York attorney general’s questions

This is the same Trump who said in Sept, 2016,
    "You see the mob takes the Fifth. if you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"

Whats's next in this civil case by the NY Attorney General?

View: https://twitter.com/thedailyedge/status/1557529989247123458

Donald Trump, Ivanka Trump, and Donald Trump, Jr. have all been deposed by NY's attorney general's office — now what?

When an organization is so persistently corrupt over years and years and is deemed to be unsalvageable as a trustworthy organization given its leadership, the best remedy in the public interest may be the "death penalty."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

On Tuesday NPD Trump also lost his appeal of the ruling that he must turn over his tax returns to the House Ways & Means Committee. The bad news is the appeal can be taken to the Supreme Court.

It's been a bad week for NPD Trump. I just hope it continues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

Texas will greatly reduce the punitive damages, most likely the 750K limit allowed by state law. Alex Jones faces a similar trials, some in states that also limit damages, but one state lets punitive damages stand.

5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

FBI, DHS warn of threats to law enforcement after Mar-a-Lago search — CBS News

What’s happening?
    The freaks coming out…

Not your typical bohemian freaks
    But conservative extremists…all enabled by the GOP and Mr T

The “good people” T referred to in the Charlottesville riots
    Literal NAZIS, KKK, etc and so on, NRA kooks and more.

Reacting to the FBI of their favorite wannabe tyrant.
    Planning attacks to the FBI and more.

Now these “fine” folk have been lying around and about for decades.
    But T encouraged them, the GOP catered to them and all enabled them.
    And now they’re in a hornet’s frenzy trying to defend their future fuhrer.

What do we do???
    Seriously, this is like trying to stop Timothy McVay before he exploded the Oklahoma City bombing.
    Except ALL over the US, with thousands, hiding with guns…or overlapping with normal citizens.
    AND supported by a large portion of one of the 2 major parties of America.

The FBI, DHS and all the other federal authorities in the alphabet soup have their work cut out for them.
    AND they have to do it…by the book.
    To be able to go after them, prosecute and jail.
    All the more so, because they have the GOP and other crazy looking for ANY excuse to let the loonies off or stir up more unrest.

Or Russia, China, etc…supporting them too by $$$ and instigating more chaos.

Makes ya wonder how much they’ll find.
    Makes ya wonder the danger
    …the consequences
    …the cost to repair to America’s soul.

All the while the rest of our global allies are looking and saying…WTF?
    Where’s the America we knew and respected?
    Saying…They got crazy in the family, y’know?

What’s happening?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I wonder if the secret service is required to keep ongoing records of who visits T at Mara Logo. If the papers have been there a year, God knows how many eyeballs have been on them..
    Not to mention xerox machines ?? Imaging any hdd's etc for whoever wants to pay for the info ?
    Putin seem to have control over trump similar as trump controls the GOP so maybe it's all Putin working the chess board. He's certainly smart enough, and a megalomaniac.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rogue49

Exactly what I said yesterday to my family...
    First, knowing him he was likely selling it...always cash hungry.
    Second, it can be any or several of other "questionable" nations or groups to see it.

He does NOT have to give a copy to anyone...
    Just needs to let any person of interest "wander" in while visiting the large place at any of the many events.
    And just let them take digital pics of those they're interested in.
    Many can get the good...and just walk away...while he can claim he kept them safe.

We're talking about the same guy that let the Russian ambassador and spies/attachés into the White House right after he was elected.
    Or negotiating with the Saudis...or, or, or...
    He was notorious for releasing info...even just spontaneously from his mouth. :rolleyes:

God knows what he's released in several years to who knows how many countries...for whatever selfish reasons.
    And what the consequences have been... :confused::eek::oops:

• Like Like x 2
  8. rogue49

FBI arrests former Rep. T.J. Cox on dozens of fraud charges — POLITICO

NO PERSON IS ABOVE THE LAW!!!
    Learn it
    Know it
    Live it
    Repeat…

This should be as much as assumption as our Freedom
    And freedom of speech, etc

I do hope this is the first of many to be thrown into the brig.
    Of course, due Justice in a court of law.
    BUT they can chill behind bars (or even home detention, IDC)

Dems, GOP, etc…all levels, all roles. Past or Present

There’s been WAY too many shenanigans for too long
    The bending of the rules have become outrageous and bold.
    Lies galore to cover up and spin with smoke & mirrors

Let’s be like the old west flicks
    “There’s a new sheriff in town…”

Perhaps McConnell may come to regret pulling that stunt on Merrick Garland…
    Or the GOP MAGA folk on threatening the FBI.
    Karma’s a bitch, ain’t it.

Y’know, if true then a certain Justice should be afraid too.
    That lifetime gig may be cut short…

Let’s see how far this goes.
    Who’s got the popcorn???

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

This' the same Secret Service that deleted phone records from Jan 05 & 06, 2021.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I didn't mean to click funny, but to agree with you there... forgot about that..

I did see this article the other day about how folks dig in heels over their closely held views of the world etc... interesting but no real path to sanity that I can imagine happening.
    Shit even after loosing his son to covid Chuck Woolery has no problem at all hawking bullshit gold coins. I guess financial bullshit is ok but maybe healthcare bullshit isn't as ok ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. rogue49

13. Chris Noyb

14. Chris Noyb

The FBI.

The Secret Service.

The Pentagon.

And ???

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rogue49

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    • Lovely Lovely x 1
  16. rogue49

Lawmakers demand data about online threats against law enforcement — The Washington Post

What is happening???
    Internal chaos
    Sedition
    Potential violence
    Threats to government officials
    Instigating violence
    The list could go on…and it’s growing

Sorry, I’m all about freedom of speech and expression
    You’re NOT allowed to push violence
    You’re NOT allowed to push government overthrow

Basically, I’m old school conservative
    You do the crime, you do the time
    Don’t care if you’re pissed and paranoid

Don’t care if you’re GOP, Dem, Independent or whatever
    That’s irrelevant…NO threats. Period.

They should investigate
    They should discover
    They should put them in jail

That’s what happens in civilized society
    When you’re NOT being civilized
    And you’re planning to overthrow society

FBI should get the info
    Then book’em

Leaders who do it too.
    No one is above the law

17. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...tion-hanging-by-a-thread-after-election-loss/

Oh Rusty Rusty Rusty...good going on the J6 panel...
    But really...your brain rust is really hindering your perception.
    Drill a hole on the top of your skull, pour in some vinegar and let it set overnight.
    Next morning get on your Teeter inverter and let all the vinegar drain. Repeat rapidly with water to clear out the loose rust and rince out the vinegar.

So...I don't feel like I've been blindly indoctrinated into lefty views. Maybe I have to a degree ? I don't know.
    But I've never felt the left is heading to an organized mass take over of culture, politics and religion as I have with the GOP.

I don't get how people lack the gut feeling of being lied to regardless of how little they understand the full details of things...
    I mean I don't have much political book learnin' but I can see...for instance the wide eyed look on Liz Cheney's opponent that says to me...she knows she's lying to gain power and money and also avoid the wrath of trump and his murderous ideating followers. Literally, murderous.
    Those wide open eyes, amazed at her own predicament and what she's done, accepted lies for gains, dragging her constituents deeper into a false reality. What's wrong with ppl in Wyoming that most can't see even basic facial expressions as you would see in a child who broke the lamp but is trying to avoid punishment ??
    Really, that's all I'm relying on most of the time, and a moral framework from watching Leave it to Beaver...see Eddy Haskell ? Don't act like that !!
    How fucking hard is that ??

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  19. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

• Like Like x 3
  20. rogue49

Chileans vote on a constitution unlike any other in the world — The Washington Post

This should be very interesting…
    Then again Chile is also an interesting nation.
    Brutal background
    To emerge into a modern contemporary nation
    Embracing many cultures and values
    Just the land aspect alone is amazing and varied.

But to develop a constitution by a very diverse panel
    And along have input by the citizens themselves
    Completely democratic, attempting to represent all.
    And remove the pro-business one by a dictator.

This is going to be a LONG study.
    Fascinating to see what happens and develops.

And I wonder if they’ve allowed for a bit of flexibility afterwards
    And what kind of government structure occurs.

I don’t think it’s anti-business being a capitalist myself. (balanced with checks along with govt)
    I don’t think it’s communist either.

I’m very curious.
    What say you???