1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics What is happening????

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by pan6467, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

2. Chris Noyb

I could say "Only in Texas," but I would be wrong.

Texas Judge Orders Airline Lawyers to Take Training From Far-Right Hate Group

There is no way in hell "judge" Brantley Starr has the right to order the attorneys to take
    "training" from Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF).

If you read the article (hopefully no paywall) you'll see that ADF is a very active hard right political group.

3. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

We really do need to add an WTAF?! react emoji.
    This really calls for it.
    Yet another judge that needs to be retired, the sooner the better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

These three are close to my reactions, but don't really capture my surprise, alarm, & anger.

:confused:

:eek:

:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

Utah man suspected of threatening President Joe Biden shot and killed as FBI served warrant

Part of me says absolutely do NOT let the nutcases get away with making threats, even if that means using deadly force when violent resistance is met.

Part of me says this one those incidents that the hard right will use to further polarize the US.

NOTE: We don't yet have the details of what occurred. Violence by the suspect? An execution by trigger happy agents (how some gun nuts view the government)?

6. Chris Noyb

Take your pick of which articles to read and reports to watch.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coa...-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#ip=1

Covering up nearly 20 years of rapes and sexual assaults? :mad::mad::mad:

Former Coast Guard head covered up secret investigation into sexual assaults at the Coast Guard Academy | CNN Politics

This is disgusting and deeply disturbing. Every person involved in the cover-ups needs to be charged, arrested, & tried. Starting with Karl L. Schultz, and Charles W. Ray. If found guilty they should lose any rank, pension, benefits, etc.

Of course that won't happen. Some sacred cows will always be protected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

Perhaps this should be under The Probe thread?

I certain anyone not wanting to be deluded knows the Secret Service deleting communication from Jan 05 & 06, 2021 was not accidental.

Exclusive: A veteran FBI agent told Congress that investigations into Giuliani and other Trump allies were suppressed

NOTE 1: The article mentions done of the whistleblower claims have been verified.

NOTE 2: The article gives so much detailed info it wouldn't take a genius to figure out the identity of the whistleblower. Is that the real purpose of the article?

It's also no surprise the FBI would want to protect NPD Trump, and perhaps more importantly the powerful people who support him, from in-depth investigations.

I would like to know what the Biden administration has done/is doing about the Secret Service, and the FBI.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

The Probe has been mostly focused on T and the criminal/corrupt activities.
    I like it in Happening, because it's an overall pattern and trend of the DOJ/FBI having a conflict of interest...leaning conservative.
    Or not going after VIPs, anyone with money and influence.

There is a overarching concern that those agents and their bosses repress a variety of cases and investigations....not just here.
    Like cops forgetting to be cops.

But it's cops and FBI, or any authority police entity (DHS, ATP, CIA...Fed, State, County, City or lower)
    It's been a problem for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

Since this concerns Hunter Biden,
    NOT Joe Biden.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/shan-...id-weiss-shows-ag-merrick-garland-is-clueless

I can understand the Repubs not wanting David Weiss, the man who put together the plea deal that was shot down, to now serve as special counsel.

OTOH Weiss is a NPD Trump appointee who has had five plus years -- three while Agent Orange 45 was POTUS -- to make cases against Hunter Biden.

Tortoise Garland's action raises questions, but Weiss' assdragging (which led to the resulting favorable plea bargain) should've been addressed a couple of years ago.

I think the Repubs are right, Tortoise Garland made a mistake...a mistake that originated with the Repubs.

10. Chris Noyb

11. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I wonder how much of the European History class covers the Dutch and English East Indian Companies, considering they were responsible for wiping out entire populations and creating many of the problems we are dealing with now.

12. Chris Noyb

My born in England wife, and her English parents, frequently defended the UK as being "color blind." They themselves pretty much are & were (parents are deceased).

My wife was never taught in school about how the UK had the main ports for slave ships traveling from Africa to the US, & the investments made by British companies.

Her parents couldn't defend how certain special services of the military were very overtly closed to "persons of colour." They couldn't explain why many foreign doctors and other medical professionals were allowed to work in the UK indefinitely (lifelong), but would never be given citizenship. Same for the glass ceilings for women in general (Thatcher was acknowledged as a rare exceptionl).

I'll stop my rant now.

13. Chris Noyb

McConnell in Winter: Inside the GOP Leader’s Attempt to Thwart Trump

[I thought was common practice to wait until someone actually died before writing a rosy article that glosses over their faults and failures.]

But China Boi McConnell doesn't speak out against NPD Trump, & he recanted the all too rare truthful comments he made after the Jan 06 attack on the Capitol Building.

14. Chris Noyb

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Chris Noyb

16. Chris Noyb

17. Chris Noyb

Co-defendants (Cods) deciding whether or not to make plea bargains in return for testifying against NPD Trump has been mentioned in various threads here.

https://www.salon.com/2023/08/31/co...minder-that-the-courtroom-is-maga-kryptonite/

The above article does a good job of explaining why the Cods might not want to go to trial.

It also ties into something I've noticed: Many people have attacked the legal actions taken against NPD Trump & Co., while very few people have presented a logical defense of his actions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

That's the thing...if they ACTUALLY indict them finally, the evidence is typically a slam dunk.
    It's not like these guys were subtle about it...they were VERY sloppy and incompetent.

I don't know what the damn Dems and DOJ are worried about.

19. Chris Noyb

I know what I'm worried about:
    Hardcore magatards sitting on the juries.
    In the documents case Aileen Trump-Cannon bending over backwards to help NPD Trump.
    I will not be a bit surprised if some of the cases end in hung juries and drag out until the 2028 elections.

We saw a sympathetic judge and a loaded jury in the Rittenhouse trial (while I'm at it let's not forget the DA had an ADA handle the prosecution at the trial).

My point is a slam dunk can be blocked with no foul called.

Edit: Of course the DOJ needs to move forward faster, & the Dems need to push for action AND take action.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

Two ex-Proud Boys leaders get some of longest sentences in Jan. 6 Capitol attack

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4182198-here-are-the-5-longest-jan-6-sentences-so-far/

The bad news: The time they actually serve will probably be less than what they really deserve.

The good news: The convictions & sentences do show there are consequences for illegal actions.

Maybe, just perhaps, these minions will realize the wealthy, powerful, & connected people pushing their buttons are going to continue to walk around free. And in all likelihood will be able to drag out their trials for years...while the minions sit in prison.

One thing that could be used against the convicted: Make it illegal for them to own any type of firearm. The odds are quite good they will illegally obtain firearms*. Catch them, & put them back in prison.

* Don't underestimate their reliance on firearms. It's like an addiction for many of the domestic terrorists.

• Like Like x 2