1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics What is happening????

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by pan6467, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Lauren Boebert has the Hot Teacher look going for her, which doesn't excuse her extreme right politics, some of which is rhetoric to appeal to magatards.

Apparently she doesn't know, or doesn’t care, about the proliferation of security cameras. And doesn't put any thought into where risqué behavior might be too risky.

https://www.salon.com/2023/09/15/fo...-each-others-privates-at-beetlejuice-musical/

Confession: I want to see this footage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Your correct Chris, Paxton acquittal. I think I read 122 voted to start impeachment, agents 30ish not to. But when it matters nobody had balls to vote him out.
    Sucks to have leaders like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

Our Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick was the trial judge. He wrote a letter of support for Paxton before the trial. Key witnesses who said they would plead the 5th couldn't be forced to testify. Our politicians know how to write the rules to protect the accused.

Now...are we the Texas taxpayers going to pay the $3M whistleblowers settlement?

5. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Ya, I'm sure reading about the rule setup would be depressing. Maybe the entire deal was set up as a way to get the $3m from the get go ?

I also saw Midas touch posted those security cam vids...I didn't see a vape, I saw her turn to talk to the gal behind her while her date was popping out her boob and she cropped her dates dick.
    And they didn't even bother to get popcorn and poke a hole in the bottom like Micky Rourke.
    Keepin' it classy !

I'm watching Tim Scott say he has a nice Christian girl he dating. But he's leaving marriage and relationship to the magical ways of God...does he ever string 5 words together without one being Jesus or God or Christianity?
    My impression is that he's another idiot but again I have a hard time believing an idiot can get where he is without a deliberate nefarious strategy to leverage hearts and minds of actual idiot voters.

I think we're gonna be looking at Taylor Swift to call bullshit because her fan base exceeds all the news outlets...Help us Taylor your our only hope...maybe Barbie too.

I saw some Iowa folks do a little talk with a reporter asking how they lean for the caucus and one said she was actually fearful of her local people if she said she wouldn't go with Trump. We have only caucused once here back when it was Bernie vs HRC. I don't remember the details but I'm guessing rules are different in Iowa than here, to maximize social pressures from people you may actually see in the grocery store so you can be harassed and bullied. But I don't actually know.

We really screwed the pooch ditching Bernie.
    He is charismatic, he captured the imagination of vast amounts of voters not tied to a party, proved to me at least that a campaign running on small money requests from the actual middle Americans and do as well and better than the big business fund raising. I still feel confident he would have won that election.

He had all the anti establishment of MAGA without the absurd loony cronyism, nepotism, mind blowing corruption...on and on and on... He had the angry idiot vote. Everything Trump used to win, Bernie had that without the bottomless pit of greed, without the racist dog whistling, all the shit.

Oh well...instead, we spent our tax dollars on "legal" adventures for Biden's sons bullshit with no hard evidence after 5 years of looking, while we have actual evidence on Trump's many blatant attempts to subvert actual American democracy, years of pushback on actual science while 800,000+ Americans die from misinformation during a pandemic that was "not a leadership moment" and billions in profiteering to the Jarrod and Ivanka, just to start.

How is it that hurricanes keep blowing past mara lago ??

I don't know...it's all too hard to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

https://nypost.com/2023/09/20/alabama-band-director-johnny-mims-tased-and-handcuffed-in-new-video/

IMO: Mims decided to put on a show of defiance for his students, his first mistake. His confrontational comments to the LEOs, his second mistake, earned him being arrested. Moving away from the officers attempting to arrest him was his third & big mistake.

Debatable: Should have the LEOs been trying to stop the band from playing? Did Mims deserve to be tased? Three times? He appears to get up running his mouth after the first tase.

I get tired of people doing stupid things, then crying foul when the confrontation with police doesn't go their way.

Ohio officials release more body cam video of fatal police shooting of Black teen and urge community to await the facts | CNN

In the above case the news media showed a press conference where the girl's mother expressed outrage over her daughter being shot. Not a single word was said about the fact her daughter had attacked one person with a knife, & was attacking a second person with a knife, in front of the police officer.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/12/1086283433/police-officer-cleared-makhia-bryant-shooting

7. Chris Noyb

Edited: Another "Did it post?" duplicate post. Will my edited post take forever to post?

To save deleting this...
    What about the Patriots fan dying after getting into a fight with the Dolphins fan? I would like to know the full story behind that. Normal rational people can turn radical at sporting events.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  8. Chris Noyb

Apparently the blows didn't cause enough trauma to kill him, but a medical condition did. I haven't found any real details about what caused the fight, other than the two men had been arguing during the game.

9. Chris Noyb

10. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

"the blows didn't cause enough trauma to kill him, but a medical condition did. "

Ha ! Sounds like what they said about COVID.

Ghouliani is so funny/disgusting. Like someone else stepping in dog shit.

11. Chris Noyb

The question I have about him dieing as result of the stress of the fight instead of the actual blows is: What was his role in the fight starting? Was he taunting the Dolphins fan, or vice a versa? Did two normally rational people cross paths at the wrong time in the wrong place? Initial reporting says there was some ongoing verbal exchange between the two men.

I'm curious because I've known relatively normal people who are complete assholes when it comes to bragging about "their" team and taunting fans of struggling teams. Dallas Cowboys fans -- not all of them -- used to be really bad about boasting & bashing, but that has slowed considerably over the past 27 years.

A sort of related story:
    I was in line at a store* listening to a guy wearing a dallas cowgirls hat & shirt explaining to his two young children, maybe 4 and 5 years old, that Democrats took money from hard working people and gave it to lazy people for not working.

* What made this scene a little odd is it was a Goodwill store.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I don't know. Both participants are victims of their misplaced pride.
    Personally I can't emphasize with either of them.
    I'm a fan of many things but I can't think of any that I would come to blows over. I wouldn't flip shit about this type of thing to a stranger, I do shit talk with ppl I know face to face all the time for fun. It's mostly about taking advantage of a good sit-com style banter opportunity than to get one over my co worker. I think it's taken that way since nobody ever punches me.

Legally, the guy who's punch triggered the death...I wouldn't want to be him.
    In prison there's a lotta folks who have nothing to loose so it's way easier to die over stupid shit. He better learn that right quick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/09/2024-biden-trump-election-we-are-not-ready.html

THIS

We're in for a wild and weird ride.
    and it's only going to get weirder.

With an election where a massive portion of the voters are considering an idiotic tyrant.

This is not just about the election, but with the current mindset of many people
    and all the holes in the system
    and the lack of action or languishing strolling of those in opposition or law.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
    is for good men to do nothing."

- Edmund Burke

And that's exactly what's happening here... :mad:
    'nuff said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Chris Noyb

The article mentions Romney staring at charts showing the rise & fall of empires.

We could be witnessing the fall and death of the USA as a democracy. If it happens it won't be just because NPD Trump made acceptable to be overtly power hungry at any cost, part of it will be good people sitting on their asses not voting.

Our polarized political parties have proven the integrity required for the self-policing needed for our balance of powers to work isn't there.

We could see one political party take over the US.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Yes, due to the foolishness of the voters.
    It's like a damn Junior High School election.

Where it's a popularity contest and people are voting for the obnoxious douchbag quarterback...versus the icky smart people. :confused:

Well, it's only been almost 250 years...not that long of a run, as far as "empires" go. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  16. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Lot of bad on Trump's plate today.
    Gonna settle in and watch the news bits and pieces tonight.
    Is there enough cult members to float trump if he does end up paying all the fines and money losses on these real estate trials ?

Will trump take a flight out before they realize he's a serious flight risk ?

Is anyone gonna say, dispite Cassidy Hutchinson's spilling the beans, she's still an idiot for not realizing Trump is the biggest grifter in American history and not her entry

17. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Her entry to the repugnant party,
    I wanted to edit but the site can't get the edit field to show after multiple slow refreshes.

18. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

And not her entry to the GOP and political career, I couldn't edit my previous post cause the site seemed to loose my edit.

She sure seems earnest and smart enough but dang. Is she scheming all along ? Knowing it would be a shit show and she could crank out a book when it blows up and bank a few mill before she's 30 ?? Great plan !

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chris Noyb

I'm sure her book deal will be attacked by the attorneys for NPD Trump & His Dick Riders* at the various trials. I seriously hope she hasn't undermined the importance of her testimony with the book deal; her position as Meadow's assistant definitely gave her insider info the prosecution will use.

I must take this opportunity to yet again point out the Secret Service "accidently" very conveniently erased the phone records from 05 Jan 2021 and 06 Jan 2021. Which makes Cassidy's testimony even more important.

* Band name alert!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

https://nypost.com/2023/10/01/new-pics-douse-jamaal-bowmans-excuses-for-house-fire-alarm-gaffe/

Donald Trump Compares Jamaal Bowman's Alarm Pull To Jan. 6, Urges Extreme Action

Of course Bowman needs to punished for his stupidity. He should cited under the applicable DC laws.

How the House handles it could be tricky.

IIIRC they started an investigation into George Santos (do we need a list of his lies & criminal behavior?) and wouldn't let him sit on any committees. I don't recall hearing anything about any findings, & could swear he was allowed on some committees.

So what about Jamaal Bowman? Will the Repubs yet again show their hypocrisy? Bowman definitely shouldn't get away with it. Santos definitely should've been expelled. Nailing Bowman while Santos remains pretty much unscathed isn't fair, but hypocrisy is the new GOP.