1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics What is happening????

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by pan6467, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rogue49

Well, Chump has literally studied them...Mein Kampf is one of his favorite books, I've read.
    and that's been stated in multiple legitimate news sites. He's known for studying multiple tyrants histories and favoring them too, when in person.
    It wouldn't surprise me.

Again, the only thing he hasn't done so far...is directly order murder.
    But he IS responsible for instigating situations where people were killed.
    And he HAS tried to take over the government, of course.

The fact that supporters are still willing to vote for this wannabe tyrant is one of the issues with What Is Happening these days.
    Citizens that want NO government...and a TYRANT at the top.
    It's just surreal in America.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

It IS totally surreal !

Re: Israel
    When your friend that you go to the bar with regularly gets into nasty fights that you get drug into...
    Dude isn't your friend. He's nobody's friend. Even though the people he gets mixed up with are also ass holes, or even worse ass holes.

I can't support either side and, looking back at the pre ww1 and onward to the post ww2 history I can't support any of it anymore than I can feel pride of native American genocide attempt as European ancestors came to north American continent.

I don't know if Hamas would be so shockingly barbaric if they hadn't lived in a total pressure cooker for nearly a century. Pressure of hate culture pushes one to ideate absurdly brutal sadistic things.
    I have thoughts for mild annoying behaviors of ppl around me occasionally, I can't possibly imagine what would go though my head if my whole family was mowed down with a gun or blown to bits for no reason whatsoever. That kind of thing would refocus my whole life without a doubt.
    I can't judge either side today person by person, but in the history of it, it seems as if it all started with lack of respect and bigotry towards the existing population of the area and generally metastisized into what we have today.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

I studied the Israel & Palestine history in college, but that was 37+ years ago, the text book was horrible, & the professor was even worse. So I'll throw out some random thoughts.

It's my understanding the Isaeli intelligence agencies are (were?) the best in the world. What happened?

What was Hamas thinking? You launch a violent assault and don't expect a full blown response from Israel? Also not a good way to keep friends at home.

The victims are the people who don't want this shit.

8. Chris Noyb

9. rogue49

No matter what is found, it just stirred up the hornet's nest even more.
    It's a mess over there on all sides.

Frankly, I agree with the US and other nations priority of just keeping the fracas from expanding even more and getting other nations involved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  11. rogue49

Trump’s Lawyers Should Have Known Better

Ethics...that's what this is all about.
    I know in the article they note many did have it and refused to participate

BUT there's many that allowed this to go on as long as it did
    and are still wringing their hands, letting it linger in the courts

AND too many that helped or were complict, that haven't been prosecuted. (the 2 Speakers of the House, for example...as well as many other lawyers and politicians)

And it's not just about the Chump chain of cons
    but a pervasive trend in the government and system in the past years.

Where have the ethics gone?

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Chris Noyb

That article would've been way too lengthy if the author had tried to list every single attorney and every ethics violation, but what is glaringly missing is the mention of NPD Trump manipulating the DOJ and having William Barr serve as his attack dog.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 2
  14. rogue49

15. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. rogue49

-+-{Important TFP Staff Message}-+-

All please try to use the appropriate topic and threads
    What is Happening for overarching events and circumstance.

17. rogue49

Vatican Says Transgender People May Be Baptized

This is a big shift from previous statements and will affect the population worldwide.
    It makes it more acceptable, coming from one of the big religious entities.

And keep more "in the flock" and bring more in.
    Less personal conflict for many that are between a rock and a hard place.

Now, while there will be quite a few that will still oppose and stick to old-school transition
    This is still a step moving in a more open direction, something many religions have had challenges with, even in this day and age.

Now let's see if the others can get onboard.
    That's another question, but progress is often slow...and certainly not linear.

• Like Like x 1
  18. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

In the US at least, some feel Jesus was too nice and want to incorporate some violent persuasion rather than turning cheeks (giggle)

Your not going to enlighten people you demonize and shun. Someone has a tiny grip on logic and practical reality opening up to LGBTQ...
    Shunning didn't get my cousin off meth, it was embracing her and heaving her come live with and assist her elderly dad that got her straight again.

If pastors and ministers learn to use the correct language to frame this so their congregation can understand and have a non hateful way to talk about it...it could raise the enlightenment around this.

The maker, or process of making life on earth did include same sex sexual activities in all the creatures it seems...it is as intended if there was intent.

And thanks @rogue49 for administrating those posts :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chris Noyb

20. rogue49

He's both.
    Foolish and bigoted.

His audacity is starting to drag him down after reaching great heights.
    Like the legend of Icarus

If he keeps it up, he'll lose his firms...they aren't private.
    Frankly, I hope he falls...but he's not the first visionary with bad habits.
    IMHO, he's gaining too much power with Space X...his satellite matrix/web is pervasive and he's using it for political agenda. A national security risk.

Just hope his companies keep going, despite him.

• Agree Agree x 1