1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics What is happening????

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by pan6467, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Why do these old politicians show up on TV news programs very obviously wearing enough makeup for two Dolly Partons?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

So George Santos doesn't know who James Baldwin or Harvey Milk is. this guy is such a shallow vapid blob.

Clarence Thomas was/is bucking for a raise.

Clarence Thomas’ Money Complaints Sparked Resignation Fears — ProPublica

Can't make ends at $250k while your borrowing $250k for a land yacht ?
    Omg I am so crying for your pains. Please feel free to quit your post. Enjoy your tour of the country's Wal-Mart parking lots ya fucking POS.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Chris Noyb

Telling the people you work for they under pay and you're considering leaving their employment is one thing.

Telling a certain subset of the people you work for you're underpaid and they are at risk of losing support for their specific projects if you & others leave is sneaky at best. At worst?

I'm not sure Uncle Thomas was wrong in pushing for raises, but the lifting the bans on speaking fees could've been problamatic.* Him opening his door to wealthy GOP supporters and accepting their gifts, then not reporting them, covers questionable to unethical to illegal.

It would be great to nail him for extorting freebies, but it's obvious he won't admit it, his wealthy "friends" won't admit it, & the SC has no interest in punishing him. The IRS, however, might be very interested in Uncle Thomas' gifts.

* The SC Justices are supposed to stay out of politics, but recently we've seen ample proof that isn't the case. I can't imagine how the number of their speaking engagements at events supporting certain groups and causes would increase if they were allowed to take money directly.

4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Colorado Supreme Court justices face a flood of threats after disqualifying Trump from the ballot

I'm putting this here, because it's not just the case itself or just Chump...but it's an overarching trend we're seeing.

Does anyone remember when the courts didn't get into politics as much???
    It seems to have started accelerating in the Bush vs Gore SCOTUS vote...

And I don't seem to recall so many threats of violence against the courts (and the staff too, not just the judges)
    It's almost like we've gone back to the old Chicago gangster era.

Much of what I'm seeing these days is courts having their hand in much...either involving themselves or being called on to decide a fight....always going higher.
    And the triggering of certain groups (especially ultra-conservatives) into attacking the same.

It would be nice to go back to not having to deal with judges. Make it quiet again.

But the politics have gotten so deep seated, to the essences and wording of our laws and system, that the courts have to jump in.

I'm wondering if it's just me who's see a change. :confused:

And is this worldwide, or just the US???

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  5. Chris Noyb

6. Chris Noyb

7. Chris Noyb

Jeffrey Epstein: Prince Andrew and Bill Clinton named in court files

Will the remainder of The Epstein Files contain any shocking information? This officially released batch had basically previously been leaked or partially released through other sources.

Normally I pretty much ignore sex scandals except to have a laugh at the expense of prominent people I don't like. In this case pervert Epstein and possibly (innocent until proven guilty???) Ghislaine Maxwell provided underage girls to at least some prominent men (I wouldn't be surprised if also some women).

8. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

10. rogue49

It's like I say, I'd like to try the problems "on the other side" for a change.
    And yes, rich people have got problems too.

However, I have no sympathy for these 2...WHY? They're users, manipulators, do anything for money and these things hurt others.
    And I don't care how much or how little you have, that's what makes or breaks a person for ethics in my head.

I don't care if you're a doctor, used car sales person, stripper, CEO, accountant, representative, social worker, sewage worker, etc. and so on...

There's things you don't do.
    Kind of like when I had a company asked me to spy on another company they were supposed to be supporting...I got myself the hell out of there.
    I can't hurt people either...or allow them to get hurt, like when I got laid off for letting HR know some workers under me were going to the hospital due to overwork. (and sure enough, they were a sweatshop, in the news later)

It's about personal responsibility.

and these two are scum...not as bad as their Daddies, but still... :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chris Noyb

This could go in the Biden thread, but I see the broader issue as Texas v US Government (on a personal level Gov. Abbott yet agains tries to embarrass Pres. Biden).

Exclusive: Biden administration demands Texas immediately stop blocking Border Patrol access in letter to AG | CNN Politics

Are we going to see an armed confrontation? I hope not, but if it happens, I want to see Abbott & our AG Ken Paxton at the front of the front line showing their willingness to die for their beliefs.

Unless their hard-line stance on illegal immigration is mostly political grandstanding :eek:.

No, couldn't be :rolleyes:.

12. rogue49

Sooner or later, Abbott and Paxton are going to step in quicksand and sink.
    Or cement and get stuck...

Both are pushing too hard. And making themselves a highlighted target.
    It's the quiet ones that survive, they're too obvious.

It's just a matter of time.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

The Feds released their report on the Uvalde school shooting.

Uvalde school shooting report released, calls response a 'failure'

The police response to the Uvalde shooting was riddled with failures, a new DOJ report says

What some school districts have reported doing.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/l...ting/287-f5d4a400-bf4b-4e1c-91b0-a2857cb59f9c

To date the Feds still don't have all the info & reports from Texas state. AG Ken Paxton & Gov Greg Abbott continue to play CYA.

Texas Judge Orders Release of Uvalde Shooting Records — ProPublica

Texas AG appeals ruling requiring DPS to release Uvalde records

To date the Uvalde County District Attorney Christina Mitchell hasn't taken any legal action against those responsible for doing nothing for 77 minutes.

Uvalde school shooting evidence won't go before grand jury this year, prosecutor says

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I'm thinking Fawni as screwed herself out of the Rico case of her life, and helped autocracy move forward.
    Hopefully not but it's far too easy to make hay from this affair.
    It's all so crazy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chris Noyb

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

"Ethan had texted a friend saying he was experiencing hallucinations and hearing voices and had asked his parents to take him to a doctor. In response, his dad gave him pills and told him to “suck it up,” and his mom laughed at him, according to the texts."

His parent need to be serving in the cell right next to his for life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

18. Chris Noyb

And when he got caught researching ammo on-line at school his mother texted(?) him next time don't get caught.

This brings back the memories of Brenda Spencer and her father Wallace Spencer.

19. Chris Noyb

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

CNN comentor, "if your opponent is stabing themselves in the eye with a fork, you dont get in the whay of his hand". Referring to Nikki.
    lol.

I dont get her. Is she suggesting she's cool with being shoved around in a room with an asailent and grabbed ? Would she pardon that ? I doubt it.